where to buy RXB?

gp02a

Nov 27, 2007
Chicago
Hi:

I wonder if anyone out there can tell me is there any reliable source that I can buy do-luck rear cross brace (RXB) of MK3? please kindly let me know. Thanks.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
MVP Motorsports is an authorized vendor of Do-Luck, but Do-Luck is NOTORIOUSLY unreliable on time scale and usually doesn't have anything in stock...

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
"Generally" being the key word here.

The MkIII was designed to have a Do-Luck bar mounted. There are perforated holes in the carpet that match up to threaded holes in the body that are PERFECTLY aligned for mounting the Do-Luck bar.

The replicas do not fit as perfectly as the original and after looking at the two carefully I doubt the generics would offer the same amount of impact that the Do-Luck does. IMO I wouldn't waste my $ on the generics.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
From what I have heard, they certainly don't hurt...

But like I said, Do-Luck is flaky in producing parts, might be a year before you get it...

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
LarryA made a comment after he got his - way back in the 20th century - that it made an 80% improvement in reducing chassis flex with the roof off.

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
they're universal fit aren't they? my buddy bought an authentic one from his friend, who owned a 240sx, and put it in his xB. I was there for install and he let me test fit it in the supra. that thing is sweet!

noah89t

get naked & boost a supra
KeithH;899659 said:
The MkIII was designed to have a Do-Luck bar mounted. There are perforated holes in the carpet that match up to threaded holes in the body that are PERFECTLY aligned for mounting the Do-Luck bar.

do-luck definately designed the rxb to fit in the holes that are already provided in the car. you may have to find someone selling one used.
it does help with "targa wobble" but was it worth the money i spent, probably not.

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
I don't even remember what Targa-Wobble is - that's how long I've had my bar. I was riding in a friend's MkIII with the top off and noticed a substantial flex when going over bumps.

I have no other bars in my 89T

Would I buy another one for another Supra? You Betcha!!!

gp02a

Nov 27, 2007
Chicago
thank you guys...

man... wait for a year?! I e-mail to MVP, and they said they didn't received any Do-luck for over a year....

that's sounds promising....

and I did e-mail to do-luck USA 2 weeks ago..... no response.... =_=;

gp02a

Nov 27, 2007
Chicago
umm... anybody out there can confirm if the ebay cross bar work? Or is there any altermnate solution that work the same? I still want to keep the rear seats though.....