where to buy rear hatch bar?

supramark388

Jul 2, 2009
greer
Hey guys where can I find a rear hatch bar (pillar bar) for a 88 supra. I found this http://www.cardomain.com/ride/651754 and I know he has a front and rear strut bar but where can I get the hatch bar (pillar bar). any ideas..... I have search high and low for one on the internet and I always come across ones for hondas, integra's, 240's, scion TC'S, and the AE86 corolla's but not for any supras.

Cz.

CAR > FAMILY
Mar 31, 2005
Seattle, WA
If I remember correctly, somebody did a group buy for the rear hatch bar a few years ago. I don't think anyone else made them after that.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I'm not sure where it came from, brand it is, but it's got Japanese writing on it. The picture was done right when I bought the car, before things were cleaned up. Anybody have any idea what it is, from the little you can see?

p1545174_1.jpg

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
ForcedTorque;1545174 said:
I'm not sure where it came from, brand it is, but it's got Japanese writing on it. The picture was done right when I bought the car, before things were cleaned up. Anybody have any idea what it is, from the little you can see?

p1545272_1.jpg

He isn't talking about that bar just so you know. I don't know the brand on yours though.

supramark388

Jul 2, 2009
greer
SupraOfDoom;1545159 said:
Hey that's my bar :p. Yeah, I got that from outofsteps gb a very long time ago. Sold it.

Haha....sorry about that. Yeah that pic that I found really caught my eye and I was doing searches for that one piece and everything. so where did you find all of the regulus body parts like that? I was trying to find some just to see how much it would cost me to buy pieces here and there and it turns out that those pieces are extremely rare.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Yeah, those rear bars are all over the place...

You can use an Acura integra rear bar that attatches where the rear seat-belts mount (pre 89's have pre-threaded holes, by the way)..

my friend had one in his 87...

Spoolin

Banned
Jan 28, 2009
Hialeah, FL
RazoE;1545449 said:
Yeah, those rear bars are all over the place...

You can use an Acura integra rear bar that attatches where the rear seat-belts mount (pre 89's have pre-threaded holes, by the way)..

my friend had one in his 87...

Direct bolt-on? What gen integra? DA or DC?

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
92nsx;1545624 said:
+1. They look like this with the interior removed and foam wrap around it to protect the finish during install ;)

p1545696_1.jpg

I thought we were talking about the one on top of that.

p1545696_2.jpg

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
supramark388;1545447 said:
Haha....sorry about that. Yeah that pic that I found really caught my eye and I was doing searches for that one piece and everything. so where did you find all of the regulus body parts like that? I was trying to find some just to see how much it would cost me to buy pieces here and there and it turns out that those pieces are extremely rare.
I found them in many different places. They are hard to find... probably harder then ever now. I sold my entire kit besides one piece to a member on here. I'm working on getting the wing replicated in carbon fiber. Side skirts are already replicated by shineauto.

RacerXJ220;1545696 said:
I thought we were talking about the one on top of that.

p1545709_1.jpg

We are

supramark388

Jul 2, 2009
greer
RazoE;1545727 said:
my mistake, it's off an EF hatch, and yes direct bolt-on..

Heck yeah.....that is awesome to know that the EF hatch integra's hatch bar is direct bolt on. I have been finding a lot all over the place but I didnt know for sure if some (if any) were direct bolt on's or not.

Originally Posted by supramark388

I found them in many different places. They are hard to find... probably harder then ever now. I sold my entire kit besides one piece to a member on here. I'm working on getting the wing replicated in carbon fiber. Side skirts are already replicated by shineauto.

Yeah tell me about parts being hard to find now-a-days. Also I tried to pm outofstep to see if he could get me a pillar bar but no response yet. Also I found this.... kinda off subject, but I thought was pretty cool. http://images.google.com/imgres?img.../images?q=zeek+body+kit+parts&hl=en&sa=N&um=1