Where to buy a New CPS?

reydio

Supramania Contributor
Oct 3, 2008
Pearl City
I think there is a member here that rebuilds the CPS, "halsupramk3", PM him for more info or if you need his e-mail address, I can look it up for you.

D7MSupra

Ive Infracted
Apr 6, 2008
Richmond, Virginia, United States
I took mine all apart and cleaned the sh*t out of it and reassembled it. Wires were all looking really good with no brittleness or broken insulation. Put it together and it ran good for about a day. What I dont understand is where the o-ring is on the unit. I see that its up on the part that doesnt spin but there is no seam there that would allow oil up into the housing. It has to be where the shaft goes through but there is zero side to side or in and out play in my cps. Ive regrounded my coils with a heavyduty wire. Plugs are lookin good and when it runs there is no miss. Ive used different igniters that I have. The coil plugs from the harness look to be in good shape. My timing is on point. Any suggestions? Im thinking my battery has a dead cell.

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
Many of these with there age leak oil. There is an exellent writeup on how to rebuild it that I have personally followed and found it very simple. Did you ohm out the coils? If they check good you should be good to go functionality wise.