Where is all the Illinois guys at.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
xtoefield;1250941 said:
any of the Illinois guys go to the chi racing culture meets?

I've been to one, and went down for another but it was so cold that nobody was there.

1.5 hour drive from (around) Waukegan down to DG for naught :cry:

supra8795

Feb 26, 2006
Illinois
Damn SM hasent been sending me emails latly so i totally forgot about this thread. Looks to be a few guys that i havent seen yet. Hopefully ill make it to the meet this year.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
I feel the need to revive this thread in case any newcomers from Illinois have missed it :)

We Supra people need to stick together! :)

mikd17

Dec 16, 2009
Illinois
Just joined because i just purchased, haha.

From north central Illinois, Peru. You've probably never heard of it but its where I-39 and I-80 intersect. I'll be looking to make it to some meets this coming year.

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
falconpunch1978;1245439 said:
sounds like a pretty serious show, when you say racing you mean drag? If there were an autocross goin on I would definitly be there. The pics look cool I think I'll probably try to make it, so you just might see me there BUDDY. lol

Hey are you the guy I met at the Autocrosses in Milwaukee ( Miller Park )? I had the maroon mk3 and I talked to you for a bit.

mikd17

Dec 16, 2009
Illinois
Yeah almost exactly an hour north of Bloomington.
Small town, there are three other mk3's in town all owned by one old guy and all broken haha.
So if you're ever in town(for what reason i'd have no guess) and see one drive around, its me.

Last edited:

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
mikd17;1475876 said:
Yeah almost exactly an hour north of Bloomington.
Small town, there are three other mk3's in town all owned by one old guy and all broken haha.
So if you're ever in town(for what reason i'd have no guess) and see one drive around, its me.

Haha maybe I'll make a pass through Peru next time I'm in Bloomington (have family down there).

How close are you to Joliet? I'll be down there in April for a bowling tourney lol

Oct 12, 2006
Chicago, IL
I'm from the North West Suburbs/ going to school in Peoria. Probably won't be seeing me drive around for a little while though, blown head gasket... And I saw someone mention Sound Performance for engine work, I was going to look into getting work done there. Are they expensive or reasonably priced?

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Quick Red Head;1476035 said:
I'm from the North West Suburbs/ going to school in Peoria. Probably won't be seeing me drive around for a little while though, blown head gasket... And I saw someone mention Sound Performance for engine work, I was going to look into getting work done there. Are they expensive or reasonably priced?

They're about averagely priced. The guys at SP are very nice and extremely helpful. I like em. I've not had work done there, though.

NW burbs, eh? What city?

spiller

Mar 5, 2008
Australia/Chicago
im over in Glen Ellyn but my Supra is back in Australia :(. Haven't seen many 70s in this area, saw a beat up one today but I guess there aren't many out and about being winter. I was at Elmhurst toyota the other night picking up some spares and an employee took off in his 86.5-89 MA70...sounded like an N/A and was manual - anyone on here?

Oct 12, 2006
Chicago, IL
Moy;1476215 said:
Any chance you know Alec? The kid with the gray "show car" MK3? :biglaugh:

No, I don't know anyone who owns a supra. I have seen a few mk3's around here, maybe I have seen you. I have seen a super clean red mk3 a couple of times.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Quick Red Head;1476223 said:
No, I don't know anyone who owns a supra. I have seen a few mk3's around here, maybe I have seen you. I have seen a super clean red mk3 a couple of times.

Mine isn't really super clean, but you may have seen it lol.

Do you remember if it had pignose or not, and spoiler or not?