Where does this vacuum hose go?

Clied

Wangan Supra
Jun 8, 2006
NorCal
It's from underneath the intake manifold. I already have the hose that goes under the throttle body I just don't know where this one goes. I also need to know what hose connects to the side of the intake manifold. I already checked the TSRM but I couldn't find where these hoses go...

Attachments

• Picture44.jpg
    Picture44.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 65
  • Picture45.jpg
    Picture45.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 63

Clied

Wangan Supra
Jun 8, 2006
NorCal
Hayward, Bay Area

I think I got it figured out though as I just went outside to see. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it goes under the ISC? The electronic thing on the intake manifold...

If I'm right then all I need to know is what hose plugs in to the side of the intake manifold.

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
OK, in your second picture, I easily found it on my car, it is a short vac hose that goes toward the firewall to a T-fitting that branches off, one branch of vac hose goes to the cruise control speed controller and the other hose mates with a small tube that runs somewhere off to the opposite side of the engine bay. At least that is where I put it back after my BHG rebuild and I was pretty damn meticulous about labeling EVERYTHING.

As for the first picture, I can't find a vacuum hose or nipple, can you re-describe that bit for me or did you figure it out? I see a corroded coolant line nipple at the top right of the pic...no vac stuff. Which injector is that? cylinder 1 or 2 area or did you stick the camera in somewhere funny? (by 1 or 2 i mean front of the engine, just encase I went backward.)

Clied

Wangan Supra
Jun 8, 2006
NorCal
Thanks Figit, That second one was easy to spot I don't know how I missed it. I found out where the first one goes so I don't need to worry about that one. I have a new problem though, as I started the car fuel bursted out of injector 6 or the injector closes to the fire walll. The leak seem to be coming from the connector on the injector.

By the way it's a lot of fuel coming out. After cranking there would be a puddle of fuel sitting on the lower intake manifold.

Last edited:

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
ditto. new injector seals? my Toyota BHG repair set came with them so i got to replace those old rock-hard seals..... you might want to change them out for fresh seals.

cuel

Supramania Contributor
Jan 8, 2007
Baytown, Texas
Grease those o-rings a touch before you reinstall them, as well. Just a thin layer. They'll slide in nice and easy that way.

Oh yeah, and put that clamp back up on that coolant line in pic one.

Clied

Wangan Supra
Jun 8, 2006
NorCal
Thanks to all that replied with great advice!:icon_razz

I should have just went at it with out asking though because I got it all figured out. The gasket kit that I got to had seals for the injectors as well. I replaced the O ring and made sure to grease it. There wasn't even a seal at the tip of the injector and I noticed when removing it wasn't even plugged in to the fuel rail all the way.:3d_frown: I don't no why I missed all that when installing them the first time. I guess I was just rushing or way too tired.

Thanks again to all that helped. I was expecting to come back to this thread with a whole bunch of people telling me to search and "oh your question is stupid!"

Clied

Wangan Supra
Jun 8, 2006
NorCal
Yea I made sure to replace the seals on all injectors since I don't want to have to deal with fuel bursting out of my injectors again.