where does this line/hose go?!? asap

stonecoretx

Dec 21, 2009
Texas
I'm changing a power steering line that had a pin-sized hole in it. In the process of putting everything back together but i had a line come out and i dont know where it goes. embarrassing but i cant find it in my tsrm or haynes. it's just says remove it for certain procedures but nowhere says where it is or where it goes to....?!?

where does the small line that is under the acordian hose go to?!?!
i cant find where it connects to.... please bump not much sun left. directly on the underside of the accordian there is a line fitting that has a small line that goes somewhere....WHERE? I assume it's for PCV but have no idea where it could go.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
The small nipple on the bottom of the accordion hose goes to the vsv on top of the ps pump.

stonecoretx

Dec 21, 2009
Texas
best i can find in time but in this picture the one on the very bottom. it has a fitting/nipple that looks like a "L" " 90 degree" where does this small line go to?

sm_photo_missing.jpg

gottadiesel

Flyin Low
Feb 16, 2009
Vancouver, Washington
As stated above from hvyman, it goes down to a vacuum valve on the top of the power steering pump. There are two lines connected to the power steering vsv, one goes to bottom side of accordion and the other goes to the metal bypass line that goes around front of motor and connects to the main vacuum distribution line under the front area of the plenum. See bottom LH corner of diagram below...

p1627857_1.jpg

Last edited:

stonecoretx

Dec 21, 2009
Texas
absolutely perfect!!! the diagram and description were a lifesaver. thank you both, gottadiesel & hvyman. just made my day, its bad enough to find out my arm is to big to fit anywhere i needed it to. going to find that valve on the ps pump. awesome!

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Arms don't have to be long at all. Just remove 6 vital parts of your motor, and it will then be in plain site. While you are at it, if you are turbo, throw that pain in the ass power steering reservoir in the garbage, and buy a N/A res. with hoses. If you don't you will live a long Supra life of hating that damn thing. Every single thing you need to ever do, you have to take it off. The N/A mounts to the firewall, and it stays out of the way.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
ForcedTorque;1627956 said:
Arms don't have to be long at all. Just remove 6 vital parts of your motor, and it will then be in plain site. While you are at it, if you are turbo, throw that pain in the ass power steering reservoir in the garbage, and buy a N/A res. with hoses. If you don't you will live a long Supra life of hating that damn thing. Every single thing you need to ever do, you have to take it off. The N/A mounts to the firewall, and it stays out of the way.

Where is the "Like" button to click on for this?