where does this hose go? (intake side) HELP PLZ!

zambini

Jan 16, 2008
Detroit, MI
hello all,

i need some veteran wisdom:

im connecting everything from my old engine to a new rebuilt 7mgte. i have everything on the intake side just about ready to go, except i cannot for the life of me figure out where this one hose goes! i see nothing that it could possibly tie into given its length, and i see no more open vaccuum ports on this side of the motor anyway.

p1190158_1.jpg

this hose.. at the end of the vaccuum hardline cluster that bolts to the plenum. it appears to route upward, toward the throttle body, but i cant see anything that it would tie into. i figure someone around here has hooked all this stuff up enough to know where it plugs into.

any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

thanks

aaron

modmonster2008

mod crazy yo!
Sep 9, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.myspace.com
im not sure but IIRC on my 7mge it goes onto a vacuum chamber (charcoal canister-like) that is mounted onto the block underneath the intake plenum where the injectors connect to, hopefully im correct but dont quote me on that...

zambini

Jan 16, 2008
Detroit, MI
thanks, i was looking for those diagrams in high resolution but couldnt find them. the thing with that first diagram is, it shows the hose in question, but not what it actually ties into. anybody know whats on the other end of it?

p1190277_1.jpg

bassjunkiens5

Nov 25, 2008
Tenn
I think that hose actually goes somewhere else and another hose goes in place of that one. The one in question is supposed to be long enough to run to the top of the TB and the hose on it now actually goes from a vaccuum port by the middle of the fuel rail to the side of the TB.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Hunt: it's a larger line, only 2 vacuum hoses need larger lines (Brake Booster and BOV)

It passes up through the intake manifold to another small hardline, to the softline that goes to the hardline across in front of the 3000 pipe to the BOV.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
zambini;1190277 said:
thanks, i was looking for those diagrams in high resolution but couldnt find them. the thing with that first diagram is, it shows the hose in question, but not what it actually ties into. anybody know whats on the other end of it?

p1190503_1.jpg
That's why I posted both for you. If you look at them side by side, it's pretty easy to tell.;)
Poodles;1190305 said:
Hunt: it's a larger line, only 2 vacuum hoses need larger lines (Brake Booster and BOV)

It passes up through the intake manifold to another small hardline, to the softline that goes to the hardline across in front of the 3000 pipe to the BOV.
Correct, as usual! :)

deabionni;1190343 said:
That line connects to the hard line in front of the 3000 pipe, that runs to the BOV.
Correct. :)

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
Yep, it's a silly long-ass multi-part route just for the BOV! I ran a dedicated vac line right to my BOV, since it is pretty important that it works 100% of the time. I also bypassed that annoying metal vac line distributor/pipe part, after getting tired of boost pressure bursting and popping off the unreachable vac lines under there.

zambini

Jan 16, 2008
Detroit, MI
thanks guys!

especially to poodles for an honest and straight up answer. youve helped me out a couple times lately man and i appreciate it.

shaeff, i was leaning towards that after looking at a bunch of photos of other engine bays, since the vac hose there looks to go straight down into the plenum, but i wanted to be sure.

so obviously, that is the wrong hose on the hardline! geez, my vac system was so out of whack on the other engine (the engine i bought the car with.) most of it was wrong.. and i dont know why the PO thought that hose belonged there haha. sure threw me a curve.

anyway, thanks guys. hopefully the rest of this process will be fairly stump free.

aaron

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Toyota DID actually put some thought into making the engine "pretty." That is one of those items as well as the vacuum hardline that runs across the front of the timing case and is bent to mirror the joint in the upper and lower covers.