Where can I find a new 6m crank???

oscarsupra

Dec 23, 2006
El Salvador, Central America
I am doing a rebuild in my 7m motor and it has a 6m crank.

I want to forged my motor and I dont know if can forged it whit the crank machined to +.25mm size whit full set of clevite bearings(+.25mm). IT is OK or not????

If not I want to buy a 6m crank new o remanufactured give me some options to buy it.

Please friend give me some recomendation. What I have to do???

blackgamer16

Supra Driver
Apr 27, 2005
Sooner Country
local toyota Dealership, if not that try Jeff Watson(Chamption Toyota/ Jay Marks on SF) and ask him to locate and price you one. Not sure if there are any out there but its worth a shot. And be prepared to pay a pretty nice penny for one too.

Also there are some good used cranks that you don't have to be turned, but finding them from member/junk yards, etc is pretty much a task at its own.

oscarsupra

Dec 23, 2006
El Salvador, Central America
Suprapowaz!(2) said:
If you already have the 6m crank why not take it to a machine shop and let them turn it for you?

For you it is ok if I rebuild my motor whit +.25mm cut.

There is no problem whit this????

I am not an expert in 7mgte motor. I need a lot of info because in my country is very dificult to get supra info.

Thanks.

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
I'm making almost 550whp with a .25 crank. Been making it for a while. No problems yet. We are actually going back to the dyno before long to try for 650ish...