Where are you guys getting your used parts?

CSquared

Apr 5, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Sorry in advance if this breaks any rules.

Where are you guys getting your used parts these days?

I've been out of the community for a few years and it seems like the FS section has slowed down quite a bit on both forums. I know in some cases I'm asking for oddball/rare parts but I feel like I used to get a lot more response when putting up WTB posts. Ebay seems to be ridiculously overpriced compared to here so I refuse to buy anything off there, and nothing of interest ever comes up on craigslist (smaller supra community in Atlanta).

Facebook? If so, please list the group names.

Thanks!

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Almost all used parts now are getting to be junk. The last probably 5-6 transactions for used parts have done me no good..

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
There isn't a whole lot I buy used anymore. The only thing I'd buy used is like a block or a head, maybe a transmission if mine ever destroys itself. Too much of a risk to purchase important engine components used.

CSquared

Apr 5, 2005
Atlanta, GA
There are certain parts I won't buy used. Lately I've been looking more for cleaner interior parts, standalone, really want to find a jza70 recaro interior and so on. Also fishing around for a lower mileage set of coilovers which it seems you can find every once in a while. For stuff like the standalone, you save like $700 from new and they're not really a wear and tear item.

But any sort of general engine/chassis repair stuff I buy new.