Where are the tune shops in N.E.?

dmd0652

Jun 7, 2009
NH
I've been looking everydamnwhere for some tune shops in and or around the NH area. I've called several shops in NH and all to no avail. All kinds of shops that tune WRX's, Civic's, and Evo's, but they don't know Supra's? C'mon does anyone here know, or can someone recommend, a reputable tune shop that can work on an MKIV Supra?.. :1zhelp:

dmd0652

Jun 7, 2009
NH
Well I'm going to be puting in an fmic (and all the fun that goes with it), removing the egr system, and most likely a new boost controller. That stuff I'm doing myself, but I have the old school vpc and gcc that I'll need tuned at 18 psi (running 14 now) once that stuff's done. Actually I just found a guy here in NH in Hudson that seems to know the MKIV's pretty damn well so I'd like to give him a try. Thanks though.

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
dmd0652;1355861 said:
Well I'm going to be puting in an fmic (and all the fun that goes with it), removing the egr system, and most likely a new boost controller. That stuff I'm doing myself, but I have the old school vpc and gcc that I'll need tuned at 18 psi (running 14 now) once that stuff's done. Actually I just found a guy here in NH in Hudson that seems to know the MKIV's pretty damn well so I'd like to give him a try. Thanks though.

sounds good, but dont touch the EGR unless u have a JDM ecu. toyota put em there for a reason, and taking it off hurts more than it helps.

dmd0652

Jun 7, 2009
NH
I was told the only reason for the egr is emissions. All it's doing is taking exhaust gas and feeding it back into the intake manifold which is really only cutting down on the amount of pure cold air feeding the intake. I'm always interested in other opinions, but so far all the info I've come across says there's only good to come from removing the egr... Also, haven't been able to find a jdm ecu. Suggestions?

Last edited:

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
IIRC the EGR helps prevent detonation. im not too familiar with the EGR system but i've read a few posts from some of the resident SM experts on the matter, proving as to why the EGR should be used with the USDM ecu. if you get a JDM ecu its mapped to run without the EGR since they dont have them there.

hopefully someone more knowledgable on the subject will chime in.