Fail:

1) he did nothing wrong, it had plenty to do with the conversation
2) more than enough people weren't deterred and gave solid advice
3) most importantly: nothing was funny

ttsupra2503

6'8 BC Giant
Feb 28, 2012
Kelowna, BC
ok... so I have something that happened to me today that i think would TOTALLY count as when Civic owners meet supra owners... which this is the closest title I could find.

So I am on my last coffee break heading back to the college from the corner store. A guy pulls up beside my 2003 4runner (limited slip in the back btw) and I have the windows down without any music playing. He yells over to me "You should get something fast and maybe we could race!"

Now normally this wouldn't bug me much but I would already be driving my supra had it not been in pieces still due to a bad machine shop incident. SO..... I replied in kind

My reply "I dont think a honda is classified as a sports car, rear wheel drive is kinda a requirement"

He gave me the finger....

So... I smoked him out.... when I left the light you couldn't see his car. It looked a lot like this

Keep in mind this was a city street and instead of a car with tires there was a full size suv with a small PoS beside me lol

clutch

Jan 13, 2011
Bettingen, Germany
Here is one that happened to me not to long ago!

Sitting at a roundabout waiting for the traffic to clear so that I could go and a little 4 door civic roles up by me and starts revving. I looked over and started laughing. Guess this made him furious as he started revving more. So I looked out and seen a chance for me to get out in the roundabout and as I go he decided to go as well. So I played with him a little bit I let him max out all gears and that little honda was screaming like it was in agony. I was beside him and thought to myself I got to do this. So I let off the throttle a bit and let him get up the road about 6 to 7 tractor trailer lengths and then it happened. I just started hammering through the gears and when I passed him it was like he was sitting still and his little car was still screaming. I got to the next roundabout and waited for what seemed like forever and when he finally showed up all he had to say was I almost had you! WTF

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
Is it just me or does everyone seem to have a story about a Honda? Nothing against you guys on here, but what makes those Civic and Integra owners think they are king's and queens of the road? I have learned over the years to watch who I laugh at on the street as I have had my fair share of races lost due to stupidity and sleepers, but they seem to have just a rotten attitude towards all other car owners like they are better then us. It's almost like owning a Mustang. If you own a Mustang or a Civic, I think it is a rule that you have to drive around with your nose up and think that your car is the best thing since forced induction was found. Yet another reason I am selling the Supra and getting a family car. Time to get away from the racing scene.

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
clutch;1932552 said:
Here is one that happened to me not to long ago!

Sitting at a roundabout waiting for the traffic to clear so that I could go and a little 4 door civic roles up by me and starts revving. I looked over and started laughing. Guess this made him furious as he started revving more. So I looked out and seen a chance for me to get out in the roundabout and as I go he decided to go as well. So I played with him a little bit I let him max out all gears and that little honda was screaming like it was in agony. I was beside him and thought to myself I got to do this. So I let off the throttle a bit and let him get up the road about 6 to 7 tractor trailer lengths and then it happened. I just started hammering through the gears and when I passed him it was like he was sitting still and his little car was still screaming. I got to the next roundabout and waited for what seemed like forever and when he finally showed up all he had to say was I almost had you! WTF

Did his car look like this?
p1932594_1.png

DeMoN2318

May 24, 2012
Arizona
I had a The Fast and The Furious moment not too long ago...I was sitting at a light (my girl in the passenger seat) and a guy in a prelude pulls up next to me...all riced out...I look over and he says "hey nice car"...I say "thanks man" and look back forward...he then says "I just got this baby turbo'd", then he revs the shit out of it and I could hear a slight BOV sound. I say "cool" and look back forward...he goes "I'd race you but I don't want to embarass you in front of your girl". Now my girlfriend hates when I race people so when ever she is in the car I take it easy...but I kid you not, she looks over at him and says " Ha you think that POS four banger has any chance...what do you run? 16s? Do you want us to start in second or third while we smoke you?" The honda driver got so pissed and is like "F*#k you bitch...I'll show you what real men drive". My girl looks at me and say "smoke this loser"...so long story short I destroyed this guy...shifting at 5k...not even full throttle. Get to the next light and the lane next to me is open but he elects to get behind me...he didn't try anything else.

My girl says "What an f-ing idiot, thinks he has any chance against any supra...good job babe...now don't do that again" and gives me a wink

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
hahah I like how this goes from a thread flaming me to ragging on honda owners. but I definately agree general honda and mustang owners seem to think their 4 banger or v8 is like the only production motor made to street race. They may have the most produced bolt-ons but I would take a stock classic car or stock european over any mass-produced style-less car. I posted this up manly becausec the guy started out looking for help and ended up in the most classic debate ever. I think he ended up giving up on his dreams of owning a supra classifying supras owners just like I did honda/mustang owners haha.

Last edited:

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
A. Jay;1932920 said:
I'll tell you what IS funny Beals; your user title. I just noticed it: "El Supra Carbrah", lmao.

el chupa cabra, I don't think anyone really gets it, I was going to put it on my window as a joke because theirs so many people with "M3 killer" or "v8 eater" rolling around. but I hate to be stereotyped the way I stereotype everyone else baha.

oh and this thread is actually LOL funny: http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?176042-pretty-much-everyone-on-this-forum

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Beals;1932924 said:
el chupa cabra, I don't think anyone really gets it, I was going to put it on my window as a joke because theirs so many people with "M3 killer" or "v8 eater" rolling around. but I hate to be stereotyped the way I stereotype everyone else baha.
Yea we're probably part of a very small minority of car enthusiasts that get the joke.
Beals;1932924 said:

I worked some magic in MS Paint (lol)...
p1932967_1.png

...and made you something to add to your signature :)

EDIT: under 500x100 pixels and 19.5kb in size:
p1932967_2.jpg

Last edited:

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Beals;1932976 said:
aww you shouldn't of had..

(week later changes the same link to gorn)

Damnit Beals, save the image and host it yourself or I WILL do that! I don't like you that much... stealing my bandwidth and shit... :biglaugh:

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
Showed my wife and she said it is me 100%. She said whenever I have parts incoming, and I see the UPS or FedEx or even USPS pull up, I jump off the couch and run to the door. I never paid attention to it....just comes natural I guess

ttsupra2503

6'8 BC Giant
Feb 28, 2012
Kelowna, BC
I am so glad I revived this thread with a new story. I see many people who are having a great time with this now lol

I think the reason honda owners think their cars are so great is because of the Honda name brand being so big being built behind their bikes. Truthfully... the honda motorbike is like Toyota vehicles. A honda car... I cant even think of a reasonable comparison to it. Someone else should come up with a good comparison.

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
ttsupra2503;1933399 said:
I am so glad I revived this thread with a new story. I see many people who are having a great time with this now lol

I think the reason honda owners think their cars are so great is because of the Honda name brand being so big being built behind their bikes. Truthfully... the honda motorbike is like Toyota vehicles. A honda car... I cant even think of a reasonable comparison to it. Someone else should come up with a good comparison.

yeah a CBR1000 can smoke my supra but no fucking civic I ever come across can.. maybe the few youtube-ers lmao. but a honda car is like a horse drawn carriage, sure theres people riding them around, but it takes someone real special to make it 100 horsepower.