Wheel fitment??????

Scruggs86.5T

Dec 8, 2007
Slidell, LA
Is anyone running anything close to thisin the rear with about a one inch drop, and if so does it rub any?

275/40/18, 18X9.5 w/+35 offset

Thanks

werewolves182

is without a supra :(
Aug 23, 2005
Crownsville, MD
Im currently running that exact setup you mentioned in your first post. I had to slightly roll my fenders with Blisten struts and Ebiach springs. I would go with 275/35 in the rear and if you have the same offset fronts that are 8.5in wide I would run 245/40's in the front.

mkiii-1jz

The Neverending Project..
Apr 5, 2005
Denver, CO
I am currently running 17 x 9 with +35 offset with 275/40 in the rear with no rubbing issues at all and about 1 1/2 inches of drop. Albeit, not 18s, but maybe that will give you some idea. Maybe not.

TurboFreak

NOBAMA
Jan 22, 2006
East Coast
supradad86_5;878937 said:
i went through it already and didnt see any combinations that close to what i am going to try.

You are an idiot.

Post in THAT thread.
Don't clutter up the forums with a new thread.

Scruggs86.5T

Dec 8, 2007
Slidell, LA
Well thank you I had know idea that I was an idiot, that really helps out a lot. Maybe everyone thats kinda new to the forum thing is an idiot, maybe I just wanted more specific help or answers, I dont know, I guess cause I am an idiot. The way I see it most people will just pass over an older or familiar thread. Maybe I should have just got everything in the first place and tried it, that way I could waste a little more cash. Keep in mind this is cash that I worked for, I didnt get it from my daddy!

Thank you to everyone else that responded, everything else that was posted was very helpful.

Last edited:

TurboFreak

NOBAMA
Jan 22, 2006
East Coast
supradad86_5;879301 said:
Well thank you I had know idea that I was an idiot, that really helps out a lot. Maybe everyone thats kinda new to the forum thing is an idiot, maybe I just wanted more specific help or answers, I dont know, I guess cause I am an idiot. The way I see it most people will just pass over an older or familiar thread. Maybe I should have just got everything in the first place and tried it, that way I could waste a little more cash. Keep in mind this is cash that I worked for, I didnt get it from my daddy! I love my dad but unfortunately he didn't give me my cars

Thank you to everyone else that responded, everything else that was posted was very helpful.

Sorry man I was in a bad mood when I posted that. I had no right to act out like that.

Scruggs86.5T

Dec 8, 2007
Slidell, LA
It's alright, I guess I just kinda take offense when someone calls me an idiot. I definatly understand about the bad mood thing. Sorry about the daddy thing.

twinturbozs

Apr 4, 2005
san francisco
running a 275/40/18 is a pretty tall tire. You overall diameter is close to 26.7" compared to the stock size which is 24.9". I would recommend a 275/35/18 which is 25.6". Plus its a much easier size to find and much cheaper.

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
twinturbozs;881014 said:
running a 275/40/18 is a pretty tall tire. You overall diameter is close to 26.7" compared to the stock size which is 24.9". I would recommend a 275/35/18 which is 25.6". Plus its a much easier size to find and much cheaper.

agreed this is the exact tire combo i am running in the rear and the speedo is +/- 2 mph

Scruggs86.5T

Dec 8, 2007
Slidell, LA
Just got the 275/40's on, they look great, I do have some slight rubbing though. I am think about rolling the fenders or making some 1/2" coil spring spacers. I was wondering how much body shops usually charge to roll the fenders, and does anybody have thoughts on the spacers? About the spacers I was thinking about making a 1/2" aluminum spacer that would go in between the whole coil assembly and the where it bolts to the car on the top, dont know what you would call that really. The bolts look like they could go about a half an inch on both the front and the rear and still be able to get the nut on. Any thoughts or suggestions?