Wheel Fitment & Question Thread

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
jkbmkiii;988798 said:
Questions for YA..... wheels are 17x9 Front with a 24mm offset, rear are 17x10.5 with a 27mm offset.... will they fit on a mkiii?

Fit yes. Roll needed yes. Can you run a fat tire with low camber? no. So basically.. know what you are getting into with those sizes before you buy them.

Dutch7m

7m for live
Jun 3, 2007
The Netherlands
wil this fit on my suup:

18'' 8,5j in front 9,5j in the back
offset 35

and how will it look on my silver suup:

nurburgring_header.jpg

and then the black one's

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
BorHor, your kickin a thx

Will this look right?

Sportmax Rims, Gold with Silver lip

17x7 +38 with Hankook HRII 215/40/17
17x9 +35 with Hankook HRII 255/40/17

Is the front too skinny? I have a set of 225 falkens, will they fit on the 7 incher?

Wiisass

Supramania Contributor
jkbmkiii;991990 said:
Best offset for running 285+ tires on 18" rears is ??? Fronts that look good and dont stick in to much are something under+35(18x8)??

Do you plan on turning? Or are you going to squeeze some big rubber on those skinny front wheels? Why an 8" wheel in the front if you're going to run 285's in the back? If it's just a drag car, then I guess it wouldn't be bad, but even for street driving, it will look dumb and handle worse.

OfnaRcR4;995007 said:
BorHor, your kickin a thx

Will this look right?

Sportmax Rims, Gold with Silver lip

17x7 +38 with Hankook HRII 215/40/17
17x9 +35 with Hankook HRII 255/40/17

Is the front too skinny? I have a set of 225 falkens, will they fit on the 7 incher?

Another one. 7" in the front, 9" in the back. Do 17x9+35 all around. Why not? It's stupid not to. So to answer your question, yes 7" is too skinny.

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
Wiisass;995009 said:
Another one. 7" in the front, 9" in the back. Do 17x9+35 all around. Why not? It's stupid not to. So to answer your question, yes 7" is too skinny.

This guy wants 400 for these. I'll probablly pass.

danmr2goldwheels19wc.jpg

jkbmkiii

Supramania Contributor
Nov 24, 2005
Castle Rock colorado
Wiisass;995009 said:
Do you plan on turning? Or are you going to squeeze some big rubber on those skinny front wheels? Why an 8" wheel in the front if you're going to run 285's in the back? If it's just a drag car, then I guess it wouldn't be bad, but even for street driving, it will look dumb and handle worse.

Biggest goal would be to have the most rubber at the rear of the car possible and finding a matching set of wheels That bolt up with the correct offset for the front and the rear. I dont want any spacers on the rear wheels and finding a good 9.5" or 10" wide rear wheel combo means looking at some that have 8" wide front wheels.

Wiisass

Supramania Contributor
What do you mean a combo? Are you just planning on buying really cheap wheels off of ebay? You can order different sizes and pretty much whatever you want if you go through a good company to get the wheels. You don't have to be stuck with some stupid stagger that people think is right.

jkbmkiii

Supramania Contributor
Nov 24, 2005
Castle Rock colorado
Wiisass;995386 said:
What do you mean a combo? Are you just planning on buying really cheap wheels off of ebay? You can order different sizes and pretty much whatever you want if you go through a good company to get the wheels. You don't have to be stuck with some stupid stagger that people think is right.

Was referring to Discount tire,American Wheel ect. Not trying to go 100% expensive as much as 100% effective for power to the ground!

Wiisass

Supramania Contributor
But you can call up Discount tire and tell them what sizes you want. It may not be one of their preset packages or whatever that is. But you can get better sizes and a better setup. It may be a couple dollars more, but it's more than worth it. Or you could be super cheap, buy a prepackaged mismatched sized setup and then complain about the handling after you get them on the car.

With what you're talking, you'll be able to put power down going straight, but when it comes to turning the car will be a mess.

I don't know that's just my view on things. I also figure if you put enough money into the engine to need 285's to put the power down, then why not spend the money on a good set of wheels and tires all around. The dollar ratio for engine to suspension is so screwed up with a lot of you guys and I really don't get it.

jkbmkiii

Supramania Contributor
Nov 24, 2005
Castle Rock colorado
Wiisass;995413 said:
But you can call up Discount tire and tell them what sizes you want. It may not be one of their preset packages or whatever that is. But you can get better sizes and a better setup. It may be a couple dollars more, but it's more than worth it. Or you could be super cheap, buy a prepackaged mismatched sized setup and then complain about the handling after you get them on the car.

With what you're talking, you'll be able to put power down going straight, but when it comes to turning the car will be a mess.

I don't know that's just my view on things. I also figure if you put enough money into the engine to need 285's to put the power down, then why not spend the money on a good set of wheels and tires all around. The dollar ratio for engine to suspension is so screwed up with a lot of you guys and I really don't get it.

"With what you're talking, you'll be able to put power down going straight, but when it comes to turning the car will be a mess." Just asked if they would fit......

"the dollar ratio for engine to suspension is so screwed up with a lot of you guys and I really don't get it."

I never said what tire's,suspension, or engine set up I was planning on running. All I asked was will they fit. You assume to much..

Last edited: