Wheel Fitment & Question Thread

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
BorHor,

Do you know how much clearance there is, from the rim to the fender, unrolled, with the factory sawblades?

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
+25 will fit with just a roll depending on what tire size you run. Maybe you should trim because the rear does not really roll flat. Maybe I just did it wrong.

squrillbait

Jun 5, 2005
wichita, ks
ok ok so if i trim the lip off the fender and run 265/30/19's on the 19x9.5+25 then that sould fit? sorry for the prodding i just figure if you know then that will help me in the long run
thanks

TripleP

Banned
Dec 6, 2007
NJ
hey, I just bought a set of 18/8.5 in the front and 18/9.5 for the rear and they have I believe a 20mm and 25mm offsets and the front fine but the rear stick out past the fender by like a 1/4 inch and rub on bumps and its shredding the rear tires like a potato peeler. stock suspension btw. I guess my only options are to roll the fenders or gut the back half of my car and hope it's light enough?

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
not necessarily. It all depends on what the wheel company does to make the offset lower. They can just make the center deeper or even add concave to the face. And also.. Running a +25 you will not have much tire width.

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
BorHor,

I basically want the same setup you have with the FN01R-C wheels, but I was going to get the 17x10 with the 35 offset for the rears and the 17X8 with the 25 offset for fronts, with the 275/40/17 MT drag radials and the Kumho 245/40/17 for fronts. I'm getting the Tanabe springs that only lower the car 1.2" in the front and .7" in the rear because I like to drag race so I don't want the car too low. Will this set up work fine?

Currently I have the TT rims with 245's up front with 275's outback

Same color car as yours but I'm going to get the Black FN01R-C wheels with the the machined lip, so it should look good!! I would really like to fit a 315 tire if I could but that's ok!

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
frontierguy25 I am not sure how well that will work with a lot of meat. Since you are drag racing you are going to be running almost no camber. It is going to stick it. If you are cool with that it will work.

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
BorHor said:
frontierguy25 I am not sure how well that will work with a lot of meat. Since you are drag racing you are going to be running almost no camber. It is going to stick it. If you are cool with that it will work.

You have the 17X10 with the 25 offset, so wouldn't the 17X10 with the 35 offset be a little more tucked under the fender than yours? and yours doesn't stick out that far at all. Since I have the TT wheels it's only going to stick out about .6 inches more that it does now so it shouldn't be too bad, and the fronts shouldn't stick out at all they should be pretty close to flush.

Am I right on this? I just want to make sure to get a wheel that will suit the tire I want on there like I have now.

Thanks

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
Well I do have a +25 but I am running -1.5 camber and a 245 tire. You probably want to run less negative camber then so that will bring it out more. And my rims are already sticking out. No matter what a 275 tire will stick out or rub. I had a 9.5 +35 and I was 1 finger from rubbing the rolled fender with a 275 tire. and I had -1.5 camber too. I'm not saying that it is impossible but it is going to be some work.

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
BorHor said:
Well I do have a +25 but I am running -1.5 camber and a 245 tire. You probably want to run less negative camber then so that will bring it out more. And my rims are already sticking out. No matter what a 275 tire will stick out or rub. I had a 9.5 +35 and I was 1 finger from rubbing the rolled fender with a 275 tire. and I had -1.5 camber too. I'm not saying that it is impossible but it is going to be some work.

How low is your car though? Like right now I don't even come close to rub the fender with my TT rims with 275/40/17's so my new rim will only stick out about .8 inches more than it does now and my fenders aren't rolled right now. I used to have nitto 315/35/17 nitto's (they seem smaller than the MT and BFG) and I wouldn't hit anything when I went to the track and this was on my tt rims. I did run a spacer with them though.

My car is also probably an inch taller than yours when the tanabe springs go on and I will roll the fenders if needed!

I think that I will be ok, if it sticks out .8 inches more than the wheels I have now it will be fine with me because now they are almost even with the fender. I'll take some picks once I get them.

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
It is hard to give suggestions over the internet haha. Everyone has a different height and alignment settings. Looks like you know what you are doing so that is cool. And now that I actually think about it.. It will probably work.