Wheel Fitment & Question Thread

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
projectsupra;1671933 said:
Actually they very rarely rub, no need for a widebody on my car.
As for Shine's knock-offs, sorry don't want or need them. I make my own F&R fenders, everyone will see that Supra soon enough though.;)

My bad

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
Finally had a chance to calculate out the wheel these are estimates though. What I got was 19x11.5 +33. Going to be trying out a 295/30/19 tomorrow and get that sucker to clear!

p1671970_1.jpg

p1671970_2.jpg

Soooooo Close!

turbojuiced

Apr 5, 2008
San Diego/Fairfield
projectsupra;1671829 said:
Shops really charge $50-125 per corner over there? :aigo:
The A70 has issues most other cars don't, the high trim, tabs in front, and fender well bumps in the rear depending on how low you want to go.

More pics...
p1672238_1.jpg

p1672238_2.jpg

Yep! Its a pretty normal price actually. I have seen the occassional shop that charges more but not very common. Its really not that time consuming it almost takes more time in setting everything up than doing the actual rolling, assuming you have the correct tools. Adjusting the roller to the hub takes a bit of time too. I normally charge about 100 for the rears but then again I am not a shop. Also depending on application depends on the price sometimes. But it wouldnt vary by too much. Also it depends on the intensity of the roll. Some fendors only need/want the lip to be rolled half way and others the entire way.

projectsupra

旧車スープラ
Apr 5, 2005
West Palm Beach, FL
s235.photobucket.com
BorHor, awesome! You bought the RHD? Can't wait to see more pics! How close are those rears to the trailing arm lol?

turbojuiced;1672238 said:
Yep! Its a pretty normal price actually. I have seen the occassional shop that charges more but not very common. Its really not that time consuming it almost takes more time in setting everything up than doing the actual rolling, assuming you have the correct tools. Adjusting the roller to the hub takes a bit of time too. I normally charge about 100 for the rears but then again I am not a shop. Also depending on application depends on the price sometimes. But it wouldnt vary by too much. Also it depends on the intensity of the roll. Some fendors only need/want the lip to be rolled half way and others the entire way.

You don't have to tell me, not one of my rolls has ever taken more than 20 minutes total. $100 is crazy.

arknotts

formerly ark86
Jan 9, 2008
Ohio
BorHor;1672305 said:

:drool:

Love the fitment without having to stretch the tires too much! I'm looking into CCW wheels now more than Work Equips due to brake clearance and available sizes. I'd like to have similar fender clearance but with 17" wheels. I don't need them quite as wide though.

turbojuiced

Apr 5, 2008
San Diego/Fairfield
projectsupra;1672388 said:
BorHor, awesome! You bought the RHD? Can't wait to see more pics! How close are those rears to the trailing arm lol?

You don't have to tell me, not one of my rolls has ever taken more than 20 minutes total. $100 is crazy.

In what way is it crazy? You mean to tell me that for less than 20 min of work you charge more than 100$? So at your rate you charge over 300$ an hr? That to me is crazy but maybe im wrong. And maybe I and along with all the other suspension tuning shops that I have been too are newbs, because you really take less than 20min per roll? Hell it takes me more than 20min to even get setup lol! Not trying to flame at all; its just astonishing to me. Definitely havent heard that before. I have learned something new.

turbojuiced

Apr 5, 2008
San Diego/Fairfield
projectsupra;1672768 said:
No sorry for the misunderstanding, $100 is crazy high, for average cars. You need to work around some florida ricans, got better things to do than spend all day rolling fenders on the same car. ;)

Awe gotcha! Yea maybe its due to the high cost of living in cali lol! 100 seems fair especially when you factor in the tools needed, time , and knowledge in doing it. I have seen some higher end shops that deal with high end cars charge around 500 a set which to me is nuts! lol

Anyways look at some of these wheel setups! Lookin hella flush over here! Or i like to say herra frush lol

rfurgy

May 18, 2008
Franksville, WI
Alright, I've been looking through this thread for hours now and I'm not any further with wheel fitment than I was when I started. Might be because I'm being way more picky.

I'll be installing Tokico Illuminas and using the TEMS system as well as some lowering springs. 1.5-2.0" drop. I currently have 17x7.5 38mm offset with 225/40/17. I can tell there is plenty of room for filling out the wells.

I'm just not sure which size wheels and tires would suit my need. The car will be driven aggressively. I will need it to corner hard as well as launch without hanging up. I would prefer to not rolling the fenders but would for the right wheels.

I like how Flubyux2's fitment looks on page 6 but thinking those may be on the larger side of what I'm looking for, although I could be wrong.

I did find a set of wheels I would consider if I follow his fitment. 18x9 34mm front and 18x10 45mm rear.

I need to figure out if these sizes are too large for my needs because I can tell my current set up is too small.

If any of you have suggestions, I would be happy to hear them. I just ask that you let me know as much detail in to the suggestions as possible. Experience, technical data, etc..., even logical reasoning.

Thanks ahead of time

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
rfurgy;1676026 said:
Alright, I've been looking through this thread for hours now and I'm not any further with wheel fitment than I was when I started. Might be because I'm being way more picky.

I'll be installing Tokico Illuminas and using the TEMS system as well as some lowering springs. 1.5-2.0" drop. I currently have 17x7.5 38mm offset with 225/40/17. I can tell there is plenty of room for filling out the wells.

I'm just not sure which size wheels and tires would suit my need. The car will be driven aggressively. I will need it to corner hard as well as launch without hanging up. I would prefer to not rolling the fenders but would for the right wheels.

I like how Flubyux2's fitment looks on page 6 but thinking those may be on the larger side of what I'm looking for, although I could be wrong.

I did find a set of wheels I would consider if I follow his fitment. 18x9 34mm front and 18x10 45mm rear.

I need to figure out if these sizes are too large for my needs because I can tell my current set up is too small.

If any of you have suggestions, I would be happy to hear them. I just ask that you let me know as much detail in to the suggestions as possible. Experience, technical data, etc..., even logical reasoning.

Thanks ahead of time

May I suggest starting out by:

1. Find out how much gap you have in your current setup by finding the distance between your current wheels and the innermost portion of the fender lip.

2 use this calculator http://www.1010tires.com/wheeloffsetcalculator.asp. plug in the specs of your current and future setup to find out if your future setup will fit.

3. If u find out your future wheels don't fit, u could either roll your fenders or go with a different wheels setup, then repeat step 2.

rfurgy

May 18, 2008
Franksville, WI
Don't have the suspension installed yet but by measuring where it sits. Used a straight board to put across tire up to the fender and measured from the inside sidewall to closest components. What I should probably do is lock the wheel in each direction to find clearances on the front as well.

What I found: (with most likely having to roll fenders and left inside measurement short to ensure suspension clearance)
17x7.5 38mm 225/40/17
Front: 1.125" outside and 1.5" inside.
Rear: 1.125" outside and 2" inside.

From calculator:
Front: 18x9 34mm = 15mm less inside and 23mm less outside.
Rear: 18x10 45mm = 39mm less inside and 25mm less outside.

Then from here: http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp
Front - 18x9 34mm 235/35/18: Suspension clearance should be the same and will stick out extra 9mm. Is only 10mm wider that what I have now.
Rear - 18x10 45mm 255/35/18: 22mm closer to suspension and 8mm closer to fender with it being 30mm wider than what I have now.

Let me know what you think. Thanks.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
rfurgy;1676144 said:
Don't have the suspension installed yet but by measuring where it sits. Used a straight board to put across tire up to the fender and measured from the inside sidewall to closest components. What I should probably do is lock the wheel in each direction to find clearances on the front as well.

What I found: (with most likely having to roll fenders and left inside measurement short to ensure suspension clearance)
17x7.5 38mm 225/40/17
Front: 1.125" outside and 1.5" inside.
Rear: 1.125" outside and 2" inside.

From calculator:
Front: 18x9 34mm = 15mm less inside and 23mm less outside.
Rear: 18x10 45mm = 39mm less inside and 25mm less outside.

Then from here: http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp
Front - 18x9 34mm 235/35/18: Suspension clearance should be the same and will stick out extra 9mm. Is only 10mm wider that what I have now.
Rear - 18x10 45mm 255/35/18: 22mm closer to suspension and 8mm closer to fender with it being 30mm wider than what I have now.

Let me know what you think. Thanks.

When I read your post earlier, I already had input, but wanted to to see you do homework. LOL. Good work! My input below

Roll your fenders.

Front - 18x9 34mm 235/35/18: Width and offset are good. Consider 235 40 tires
Rear - 18x10 45mm 255/35/18: Width is good, but offset ought to be lower. Offset ought to be in the mid to low 30s. Consider 265 35 tires.

rfurgy

May 18, 2008
Franksville, WI
Just curious what the advantages of less offset on the rear wheels would be. I understand less offset will set them out a bit further but what are the detailed reasons for having the rear offset in the low 30's?

Thank you for the replies by the way. :)

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
rfurgy;1676781 said:
Just curious what the advantages of less offset on the rear wheels would be. I understand less offset will set them out a bit further but what are the detailed reasons for having the rear offset in the low 30's?

Thank you for the replies by the way. :)

In your post 2234, u mentioned a 10" wheel with a 45 offset.

30s offset 10" wheel will be more aesthetically pleasing, closer to flush with the fender; however, allows less tire width (compared to the 40s offset).

So the question is...how much tire do u wanna run and how close to flush with the fender do u wanna get? if u wanna be closer to flush, go with the 30s. If you wanna run a wider tire, then go with 40s.

May I suggest, that before you consider wheel and tire sizing, lowering your car first and then get an alignment? By doing so, there will be less guess work for u when it comes to wheel and tire sizing.

Last edited:

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
suprakid3;1676788 said:
im looking at getting some 19x8's with +30 offset. will they fit good?

May I suggest starting out by:

1. Find out how much gap you have in your current setup by finding the distance between your current wheels and the innermost portion of the fender lip.

2 use this calculator http://www.1010tires.com/wheeloffsetcalculator.asp. plug in the specs of your current and future setup to find out if your future setup will fit.

3. If u find out your future wheels don't fit, u could either roll your fenders or go with a different wheels setup, then repeat step 2.