Whats your preference for rod bearings??

What rod bearings to use?

• 1. size 3 toyota bearings

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2. match each toyota bearing per tsrm

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • 3. clevite bearings

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • 4. other

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters

Arther3

Remember SOGI? I do
Apr 1, 2005
Starkville, MS
www.cardomain.com
1. all number 3 stock rod bearings.
the stock bearings come in 5 sizes per the tsrm. pick a mid-size and use one for all?

2. matched stock rod bearings
match each rod bearing according to stock spec.
3. clevite bearings

4. other

crank is in good condition and has not nor needs turning and rods will not be reconditioned.

born2drv

Banned
Nov 1, 2005
Burbank, CA
other - maybe machine crank/rods and buy bearings to match?

by the way, i bought all new toyota OEM bearings and had them replaced per TSRM spec, no machine work was done, engine was a low mileage JDM, so far so good....

Bishop92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 18, 2005
USA
www.ma70.com
Bazooka Joe, his gum is tougher then steel.

But seriously I've always had good luck with stock bearings. Properly sized and definitely plastigauge all of them before final assembly.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Depends on how you're going to run the motor and what you expect from it!

I ran NDC's hard and found they began to fatigue at 7700+ rpm and 30 lbs boost, does this make them a bad bearing? No just not suited for my application so I switched to the Clevite 77's.

The Clevites have always been a funny with sizing as they're a broached bearing not honed to finished size so select fitting is very important.
(they're egg shaped instead of round to provide a ramp for the Oil wedge to form at an unloaded point in the rotation)

bo3232000

Lurking in the dark
Jul 22, 2005
Cumming,Georgia
www.cardomain.com
I build engines and trans for a living,and have used King racing mains and rod bearing for almost 14 years and have not had a failure yet...They are also true measurements for std. or oversize...You get exactly what you order,no mismatch whatsoever...My uncle owns Allied Motor Parts in Ga and turned me on to these and i have not regreated it yet.....High praise....
Have several severly abused builds and several moderate ones with no signs of deterioration to date......

noah89t

get naked & boost a supra
gixxer750 said:
That makes 5 of us Mississippi MK3 guys on here... You, arther, halmk3supra, justin727, and me...

Mini meet time.

well i already know arther, justin, and hal has been to some of the crescentcitysupras meets, but we should definately get a meet together, even though arther sold his supra:3d_frown: and can't make it.
we do have meets in the new orleans area about once a month check out www.crescentcitysupras.com