Whats your job?!?!???

Isphius

Supra-less :(
May 30, 2006
long branch
I know there is the joke "who doesn't hate their job?" or other such things like that, and im only 20, no idea what i really want to do for a career yet, And i know ive hated some jobs and loved others, so what is your job, and how do you like it, and does it pay well? just let us know what its like doing what you do!

Assistant manager at Domino's - Started December 2005, at 18, as a delivery boy, Quit in march 07. Awesome job on days that I got to run the store alone, My boss was lazy as hell and a prick, So I hated the days when i was there to help him out. Starts at 9 an hour and you can move up to 11 or 12 pretty easily, not a bad advancment for 4-5 months with the company. I enjoyed it more often than not.

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
Right now I am sales at a wholesale/ distribution place. I LOVE the job because the prices I have are the best, no one can compete with them, so I dont have any stress of trying to price match or worry that im loosing sales cause I'm not getting the best price.

That being said, it pays the bills but I need more.

Im using this job to meet people in my field so I can be a rep for a manufacturer.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
"Automotive Instrumentation Electronics Technician".
What I do is nothing what it sounds like, however.
I'm helping in research to keep the troops safe.

cartel1_950

supra is gone
Jan 30, 2006
calgary
full time student part time at ....toyrsus and i have a summer internship with plains all america, it's a oil and gas company

Isphius

Supra-less :(
May 30, 2006
long branch
zm_br said:
IT for Creator Software. google it if you care.

oh, and i can't stand domino's. it makes me sick.

Psh, how do you think I feel!!! I couldnt stand it a week after i started there. Luckily around plenty of food stores, and a 711 and an ice cream place right around the corner so you never have to eat it!! And by IT, information technology or something like that? Or something else?

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Isphius said:
Psh, how do you think I feel!!! I couldnt stand it a week after i started there. Luckily around plenty of food stores, and a 711 and an ice cream place right around the corner so you never have to eat it!! And by IT, information technology or something like that? Or something else?

IT = Info. Technology
Or
IT = Industrial Technology.

IS support at a Toyota parts warehouse (the big one on Jurupa & I-15). I love it here, lots of cool people work here to make an awesome work environment. And, I get the inside scoop on a lot of Toyota stuff. =) No education, yet. I knew people and started this job shortly after graduating high school. But I'll be starting to go slowly. Hate school, much rather work. Oh, and the pay is great IMO.

zm_br

spool me
Oct 30, 2005
Naperville, IL
www.cardomain.com
Isphius said:

information technology. what deadcell said

greg88

May 14, 2005
Lowell, Arkansas, United States
Isphius said:
Assistant manager at Domino's - Started December 2005, at 18, as a delivery boy, Quit in march 07.

I was a GM (but not a lazy prick) at Dominos until last week. I decided that I really need to finish school so I'm just a driver now. IMHO delivering pizza can't be beat with regards to work performed/pay ratio.

suprarx7nut said:
Full-time student, Best Buy about 15-20 hours a week.
Can't wait for my first internship/work-study deal. Best Buy is slowly killing me.

I avoid Best Buy at all costs. At least here, it's ridiculous how hard they will try to pressure sell stuff.