What's this warning light for?

wdb

Jul 6, 2009
Vancouver, WA
This light came on in my supra and it's on all of the time. It's the orange one that's lit that I'm unsure of and is just to the left of the red one that's lit which is for the doors. It has a picture of a car on it and it looks like there's light marks coming out of the back or something. What's the orange light in this pic for?

sm_photo_missing.jpg

http://s766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/wdb111/?action=view&current=0717092038.jpg

Mikael_7m

Built 7M
Apr 26, 2009
Australia
wdb;1373650 said:
This light came on in my supra and it's on all of the time. It's the orange one that's lit that I'm unsure of and is just to the left of the red one that's lit which is for the doors. It has a picture of a car on it and it looks like there's light marks coming out of the back or something. What's the orange light in this pic for?

sm_photo_missing.jpg

http://s766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/wdb111/?action=view&current=0717092038.jpg

cant see the pics man.... if its the same lights as these orange ones than its your tail lamp warning light. meaning either your lights are out OR it's faulty due to water in the tail lamps.
attachment.php

reydio

Supramania Contributor
Oct 3, 2008
Pearl City
That's your Tail Light Failure Indicator, telling you that one or more of your rear bulbs are burnt out or not functioning. Check if all your lights are okey, if they are, then the Tail Light Failure Indicator Box needs replacing. Search the forums on how to remedy the box problem.

modmonster2008

mod crazy yo!
Sep 9, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.myspace.com
^ I'm jealous of that digital dash man aha, but anyways sorry for the randomness, but yes that is the tail lamp failure light, it could either be
1) a bulb is blown in the tail light circuit so thats why the light is showing up on the dash, or

2) the tail lamp failure box underneath the driver side tail light is/about to fail on you lol, if that helps. usually moisture or water from a leaky tail light gasket gets water into the failure box causing the board inside to malfunction. It can be solved by either replacing it with a new failure box with a working one or a new toyota one. OR you can follow the DIY made here on supramania that shows how to bypass that, i would suggest doing that but if you are not into attempting to do those things then i would recommend not doing that.

Hope that helps!

wdb

Jul 6, 2009
Vancouver, WA
Wow, I was thinking that it looked like tail lights on the symbol but I had never heard of a tail light warning light before. Thanks.