What's this connector?

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
Okay, so I never play this game, but I guess I need to. I'll have to include a pic later, but here goes....

On the engine harness, where it comes to the firewall, almost behind the intake cam cover....

There is a white 2-wire connector that has a yellow/blue wire and a white one(w/brown spots).... Anyways it comes off of the main engine harness with 4-5 inches of wire.

Looks like it could drop down to the tranny somewhere. Anyways, I thought it could also go to the alarm horn (which I don't have hooked up), but I remember that connector previously coming from behind/below the plenum.

I looked in my EWD supplement to see if I could find the connector, but can't. Thanx for any help.

Specs....

1990T/Auto with 1989T/Auto engine harness...

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
.....Man, I swear this MKIII has finished off, what was left of my mind...

I thought it was the alarm horn too.... HOWEVER, I found a small grey 2-wire connector below the plenum (which others have said they have unconnected as well), which I swear was connected to a short connector, which THEN connected to that horn, in the car I stripped down. I'm gonna find that horn and take a pic tonight... I am not THAT crazy (yet)!

whopwood

Jun 27, 2005
Madison, WI
grey 2-wire connector below the plenum (which others have said they have unconnected as well)

That sounds more like the EGR temp sensor connector which is unused on cars outside of California. On CA cars it would either be connected to the EGR temp or have a resistor jumpered across it.