Whats the point of a oil catch tank

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
from what i've learned from a buddy of mine who has an MKIV, it's used to trap gases and oil. it stops them from going back into your intake. i bought a greddy catch tank from him that he used in his mkiv, and it is working, it's amazing how much oil is going into the intake with the stock setup.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Google it. the search button up at the top right hand side of the screen is you friend. ;)

I've explained this (as have others) many times already, and frankly, I'm tired of doing it. All you will ever want to know on oil catch cans (and probably more than you want to know) is already on this forum. :3d_frown:

Intothenight19

Crissaegrim
Feb 23, 2006
Pa
You can use one whenever, it just replaces your old pcv system. Diverts the oil into the can and keeps it out of your intake, intercooler, manifold, like everyone has mentioned.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
yep, i made a post several months ago with the proper location to mount one, as well as how to route the lines for it. i included a large picture to show how mine's set up. it works great. :)

now i need to put one on my '94 toyota 4x4. the intake on that thing is all sludged up. :( it makes me sad!

edit: i was bored and dug up that thread for ya-

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13123&highlight=catch

-shaeff