Whats the highest speed you have ever gone in the MKIII?(nws)

Datsrboi

Loud pipes Save Lives
Jul 31, 2007
Haltom Texas
www.cardomain.com
tissimo said:
~160 several times (top of 4th with my 1j) been ~170 a few times maxing out my old bpu 7m.. never tried in my 1j

wtf 170 on a 7M? crazy. I bet it took you forever to hit that going down hill? Sorry never got to drive my car really yet so do not know how well these cars can go in good condition.

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
Datsrboi said:
wtf 170 on a 7M? crazy. I bet it took you forever to hit that going down hill? Sorry never got to drive my car really yet so do not know how well these cars can go in good condition.

I've tached out my car a couple of times! Everytime the speedo was past 160mph, I've rolled by a couple of speed traps just to see how accurate it is and it's about 4mph slower. I'll take you for a ride in mine!

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
150, i actually took a picture with my cam phone at the time. but that years ago before i had children. now its the speed limit for me, my goal is just to get up to the posted speed limit as fast as possible.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
Datsrboi said:
took a LONG time to get there..

heres a old video of some highspeed runs.. at the end I kept going to 170, but the camera ran out of battery :(.. another time coming home from orlando at 3-4 am, I did 170 taking my buddy home (15 miles out of my way home) and still beat my friends home (they just kept going home after I turned off), hahaha! josh can vouch for that.. passed him on us1 on my way home ;)

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/e0ddb1e2-ff8a-4a09-b9dd-983000ff1a8b.htm

6350 max rpm on the e01.. 6400 rev limit, haha

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Probably about 160. All I know is I passed my brothers vette and he was doing somewhere between 145 and 150 when I went by him. Video is posted in the video section. If any law enforcement brothers are reading this, I'm also a compulsive liar.

Justin, that was insanely fast. When you're in the car, it doesn't seem quite as fast as when you're outside watching someone go by at 160mph.

Last edited: