Whats the best sounding muffler with no cat

Toyotaxtreamteam

Feb 26, 2006
Mass
well as some have read i have no cat convertor, but i don't like how my exhaust sounds, it has a bit of a raspy sound up in the rpms when i mash the gas. well who on here has no cat and what muffler do you run and is it raspy thanks guys

Puppy Eater

from the rooftop...
Mar 31, 2005
in your dreams....
try adding a resonator. i had the same problem (i liked it at first but it got old fast) when i was just running straight pipes into a muffler. but now it sounds great. but it is really quiet..still throaty and mean at higher rpms though.. if thats what youre looking for.

NA86.5

NA-T Complete Yo
Jan 20, 2006
Alice Tx
I am not running a cat just 2.5 pipe to a fireball muffler it pretty loud but every oe at the autocross likes the way it sounds at 5500 rpm cant argue with the pros:naughty:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
nocats.jpg

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
:rofl: LOLMAO :rofl:

i've got a magnaflow muffler (3" straight thru) mounted right at the back of my dp, and it's not one bit raspy, and pretty quiet too... (no cats of course, lol, full 3" pipe)

just take a look at my pic gallery :)

MA70Supra88

Boostless
Mar 31, 2005
Boerne, TX
Toyotaxtreamteam said:
well as some have read i have no cat convertor, but i don't like how my exhaust sounds, it has a bit of a raspy sound up in the rpms when i mash the gas. well who on here has no cat and what muffler do you run and is it raspy thanks guys
Here's a video of an N/A with a Megan GT muffler, 2.5" piping and no cat.
RIGHT CLICK SAVE AS

If you like how that sounds I have an unused 2.5" inlet Megan GT muffler sitting in my basement that I'm looking to get rid of.

bluemk3

cool
Feb 28, 2006
h burg, PA
i have an hks supper dragger system i dunno if you just buy the muffler or not but ill tell you what at lower rpms the thing rumbles so nicly so full and deep and well rumbly haha but i couldnt tell yo uwhat it sounds like after about 2000 as i have a divorced downpipe and 3 inch test pipe and when the waiste gate opens im all but totaly deaf, bt i love the low rumble i get at idle and around town driving

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
supra90turbo said:
I think he's got a muffler on there ;)

The video in my sig is of my N/A with a 2.5 inch pipe, no cat (actually gutted and pipe filled, so same thing) 12" bullet (glasspack) resonator, and a Magnaflow Performance XL (single 2.5" in dual 2" out).