what's the best manual boost controller

Aug 1, 2007
Arizona
slidebabyslide;960841 said:
i have purchased one from Dr.Jones it's good. It havent boost spiked and it's small and not noticeable . I have not used any other's ...sorry can't really say about the other MBC's.

KMinAF;961006 said:
Another vote for Dr Jones

Loki;961010 said:
+1, I had a Dr Jonez one in my car and it has always worked great.

shaeff;961471 said:
I ran a drjonez MBC for quite a while, and never had a SINGLE issue.

GrimJack;961960 said:
Another vote for the Doc here, top notch work, looks great, works awesome.

I've since upgraded, but I ran his on my car for years, and it's now moved on to another guy's car.

s0ulstar;962628 said:
yet another vote for Dr. Jonez. i had his MBC when my car was stock-ish. now that i got a few more components, i hit fuel cut regularly. so i took it off for now. it never did me wrong.

Will any of you please take some close-up photos of your Dr.J boost controller installed. Please. I recently purchased it as well, but haven't a clue on how to install it. I know where it goes... inline on the vent hose that runs from the turbo to the actuator - however, I do not know which way the "flow" of pressure is going - the MBC has a spring and ball bearing - therefore there must be a "direction" to put it on. Further, I have a completely stock motor and do not wish to go nuts with the boost, I just want to get more than the stock 4-5 psi. If I could see pics, it would give me a good baseline on how far out to screw the adjuster in or out by looking at how many threads are showing on your MBC's. The flow would go from the long end towards the end with the elbow.

Please help - pics would speak a thousand words.

Clied

Wangan Supra
Jun 8, 2006
NorCal
I'm using a eBay MBC from Voodoo racing. For what it cost me($15 bucks shipped) I can't complain. It does it's job great and I'm sure theres not much difference to if I had purchased one of the $100 dollar manual boost controllers. Unless your getting a EBC it really doesn't matter what MBC you use as long as you know its been proven to work.

88YotaTurbo

Feb 26, 2006
Wolcott, Ct.
+ 1 million for the Dr jones MBC. Awesome Build, AWESOME PRICE, Never once gave me an issue. PM HIM, It is well worth the money (very low price anyways)
Do it and stop thinking of any others...

88YotaTurbo

Feb 26, 2006
Wolcott, Ct.
dezthumper;1025773 said:
Will any of you please take some close-up photos of your Dr.J boost controller installed. Please. I recently purchased it as well, but haven't a clue on how to install it. I know where it goes... inline on the vent hose that runs from the turbo to the actuator - however, I do not know which way the "flow" of pressure is going - the MBC has a spring and ball bearing - therefore there must be a "direction" to put it on. Further, I have a completely stock motor and do not wish to go nuts with the boost, I just want to get more than the stock 4-5 psi. If I could see pics, it would give me a good baseline on how far out to screw the adjuster in or out by looking at how many threads are showing on your MBC's. The flow would go from the long end towards the end with the elbow.

Please help - pics would speak a thousand words.

GOD I hope this helps you.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
88YotaTurbo;1026004 said:
GOD I hope this helps you.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

NO! That is completely BACKWARDS. As shipped:

1. The 90 degree end should go toward the WG.
2. The ball and spring in the picture is BACKWARDS, the ball is to be on the straight end.

Note that if you switch the ball and spring around as pictured, it will work....though not as well if you leave it alone and use it as shipped.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
SupraTrey;962051 said:
Very wrong.

Electronic - Make sure its fuzzy logic so it compensates for the air density.

Manual - Make sure it "locks" down when set. This will help so you dont have boost surge.

Those are the basics. Now you can pick your posion!

Trey

fuzzy logic is umm kinda like that but not really

fuzzy logic is mostly found on hks ebc and just a nice boost curve as in it calutles your cars boost to be nice and brod

computer control gain it's what it is

i had this o my supra was pretty nice and the curve was great