What would you do if gas hits 7 bucks a gallon?

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
i would like to find a honda civic vx. my friend at work has one its a 94, 55mpg on the highway. comes factory with a wide band o2.

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
Jeeze. Its under 4.10 in my town.

The thing that sucks. Is I have to commute my 6.6 liter beast 13 miles a one way to work. Which isn't a problem, but I'm broke, lol, I get paid on Friday, I hope that can hold me over till the next few paychecks.

I wish I could go buy an MR2 right now :X

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
RazoE;1035719 said:
Gas is 4.42 a gallon over here for premium at the CHEAP no-name gas stations...

It went up...

this was earlier today, at the same gas station...

img00257ty1.jpg

p.s.. you can see my Euro mirrors..:D

Nick 95 6sp

Ported & Polished
Sep 5, 2007
S.E. PA
For some strange reason, racegas does not seem to be going up anywhere near the rate of normal pump gas. Sunoco 112 octane was still $8 to $8.25/gal this week; a couple weeks ago I got C16 still at $11/gal. Compared to pump, this now seems like a bargain.

Solo1Supra

Dec 3, 2006
Nesquehoning,PA
$3.89 for reuglar, $4.09-4.19 for premium here on the east side of PA.
But back on topic, I'd still drive, just not as often as I do now. I will not buy a brand new car just to get better gas mileage.

injunjoe17

Apr 25, 2006
Bothell
I guess just drive I commute 40miles 7days a week for school and work. But I dunno whatever. I'm not gonna spend more money on a new car with better mpg cause that'll just cost more money. But my supra isn't even running right now so, I'm daily driven at 30mpg so I'm happy

Van Diesel

Powered by vino
Dec 12, 2006
El Paso, Texas
626na;1034756 said:
^ good for you guy's, but here in America we don't want to pay that much:nono:

and you think the people here want to pay that much? Get a fucking clue America. It's called carpooling, scooter/moped, motorcycle, public transportation, bicycling, walking. Other countries have been doing it for years. Hell when I lived in Tokyo a car was a luxury you didn't always need. Public transportation and a good pair of walking shoes got me everywhere. As Americans we should try to do the same. We're spoiled and for some reason believe that it's an American right to have cheap gas....but the rest of the world (except for the middle east) has already adapted. And so should we.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
It wouldn't be so bad if corporate payroll departments would realize that their employees have to buy it too. They raise the price on their products, because of increased costs of getting the goods to their marketplace, but turn their backs when the people doing their labor have to suffer just to get there to help them. They should incorporate the increased payroll into the price increase to begin with. But, then I guess the employee would want more of a raise because of higher priced products at the supermarket as well.

blackturbona

May 10, 2007
kirkland
Van Diesel;1036919 said:
and you think the people here want to pay that much? Get a fucking clue America. It's called carpooling, scooter/moped, motorcycle, public transportation, bicycling, walking. Other countries have been doing it for years. Hell when I lived in Tokyo a car was a luxury you didn't always need. Public transportation and a good pair of walking shoes got me everywhere. As Americans we should try to do the same. We're spoiled and for some reason believe that it's an American right to have cheap gas....but the rest of the world (except for the middle east) has already adapted. And so should we.

mopeds arnt an option for a lot of americans because of the "uncoolness" of them. theyre a lot more socially accepted in europe.

im already trying to get a bike for gas mileage, and im fixing a CRX HF... 45 mpg! i love how modern hybrids less than or equal to a lot of 80's cars in mpg

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
its all about weight and dimensions..

the so-called need for "lots of room" is turning "compact" cars into land yachts, and new safety standards, such as extra bracing to survive an impact with larger vehicles is causing curb weights to shoot up, which drains MPG...

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
good luck, I never have more than half a tank..:D

I do that, because gas weighs alot, and I see no reason to completely fill up, and use the extra gas I pumped to haul it around...

Van Diesel