What would you do if gas hits 7 bucks a gallon?

1988SupraDreams

Mar 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
Public Transit, Biking, Walking, Carpooling. What else can we do really?

I hate the gas prices just like every other guy, but what really kills me is that gas prices have killed the racing scene in the past and I fear the same for the future.

GotBoost?

I do
Nov 25, 2005
By My Computer
Here's the new international sign for gas stations:

2aa0tah.jpg

By the way, the way i drive my 98 Civic HB, i get between 38-44 mpg city, and ~ 35 hwy, driving very carefully .

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I'm sure the train I take everyday to and from work will get more crowded and cost more :dunno:

I only put about 1500 miles/year on my cars. Gas is $4.89 here now for premium. I wonder how much it will be at my next fill up.... In 2-3 months :icon_razz

improved

Running!
Apr 4, 2005
California
It's really difficult to compare other countries' reactions to gas prices with the United States.

For those in public administration, sprawl is a major difference between the US and much of the world. The United States because of its infrastructure is at a huge disadvantage. Many cities are divided by property use, making travel necessary. In other countries and recently in the United States ''mixed-use property'' is becomming quite popular and functional in assisting with high gas prices, cheap public transit, and morality(seriously.)

Anyhow with this in mind, I will do what most will do, reduce spending(food, gas, hobby, novelty,) drive when necessary, and wait for the economy to reach equilibrium.
Also save for a home, its a perfect time to buy a house.
When we level out the USA will be a new USA, hopefully.

Matt-

zachm611

Beauty In Disguise
Apr 15, 2006
new mexico
ride my motorcycle and suck it up on rainy days and drive my little toyota truck... take the supra out on the weekends is what will probably end up happening

DonS1mpson

Black Supramacist.
Mar 19, 2006
England!
SupraOfDoom;1019672 said:
??? Really? The Preius gets like 40-50 mpg depending on what kind of driving you do.

Now, a Geo Metro gets about the same but I wouldn't think an MR2 would.

I'm sorry, but why do people seem to be (for the lack of a better word) "amazed" by the Prius' economy figures? They aren't special considering a 80s Peugeot diesels will do 60+MPG all day long...

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
I'd buy 100 octane. Seems the price for 100 octane has been fluxuating between $7.40 - $7.60 per gallon for the past year. If it stays that way, I'd just fill up on that. :biglaugh:

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
BorHor;1019664 said:
Tesla FTW!

You got that shit right!

My wife likes "Love Song", but I tend to like the heavier songs like "Heaven's Trail", Don't De-Rock Me"

Anyway, at $7 a gallon, I'd at least walk my mile to work, and get the wife something much more economical than an SUV. Maybe I'd take $100 and a pay stub to the Kia dealer.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Might make me buy a motorcycle. Even though I've never wanted one because I don't trust other people on the road. :(

supramk3man

Supramania Contributor
Jun 26, 2005
kentucky
I'm not sure what kinda of jobs most of you all have. But i run a small warehouse with 5 trucks that run all day all week. We have seen a increase of around 2000.00 on some weeks going toward diesel. We had a load come in the a few days ago, the driver was telling me of a guy in the company that is a owner operater. He said that he got 2500.00 for aload which use to be a good price but once he figured the diesel cost and normal repair cost he would be halling for around 100.00. I don't know what alot of small trucking companies are going to do. We have had to make alot of trips tighter together and limit our stops. So if gas and diesel keeps going on up i suppose i will be looking for another job.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
^ I was just wondering about this while I was in a case today because i seen diesel was like $5/gal already...

My parents used to drive for a company so this wouldn't ahve been a big deal, but I know a few people who do the owner/op thing... and I'm guessing that their new truck is going to be going up for sale.