What type of job can i get with Computer skills

Mk3Jesse

Fire is my friend.
Oct 22, 2006
Augusta, GA
www.myspace.com
I am going to get my A+ certification here soon and i am strongly considering taking some SQL classes down the road and network plus. As of right now where could i look at getting a job at with A+?

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
with A+ you can get a job doing any tech work...putting computers together and such, i say do that until you can get your MCSE or MCSA, thats where you'll start seeing a change in income :) i did the whole networking training thing and still havent taken my tests...i should but i havent. The tests are tough but doable, just study and concentrate hard.
Good luck.

Mk3Jesse

Fire is my friend.
Oct 22, 2006
Augusta, GA
www.myspace.com
empera said:
with A+ you can get a job doing any tech work...putting computers together and such, i say do that until you can get your MCSE or MCSA, thats where you'll start seeing a change in income :) i did the whole networking training thing and still havent taken my tests...i should but i havent. The tests are tough but doable, just study and concentrate hard.
Good luck.
What type of pay can i expect with a entry level job with A+? and where would i be looking for a job at, Like Best Buy's Geek Squad? or is that A- cert lol.

I just have basic knowledge of networking, I can set them up, and all that but i dont know all the technology behind it and all the lingo :)

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
yea i thought i knew about networking when i first started but after going to class...wow theres a lot to know.

i would say anywhere from 12-18/hr would be a good start. I got offered 11 but had to turn it down, too far. Entry level is about 25-30k a year, i believe, might be wrong. Its a very competitive field but if you have the ambition and determination you could make a nice amount.

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
what you want to aim for is anything to do with Security...thats where the money is...;)

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
yep, eventually i wanna do adminstration...i think im pretty good with that, but we'll see how it all goes.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
desktop support is doable with an A+, most of the time the problems come down to user error (at least in my experiance). i was making 12 an hour over the summer with no prior exp or certs.

jugalo65978

Jun 3, 2006
idaho
you should look in to ITT tech. i go there and i have learned a hell of a lot. the reasion why i went there is, i was working with 2 guys who made $200 an houre and they both worked full time. if you do the math its big money. they both had 4 year degreas in electronice engenering. thats what im in school for now. you can get a job dooing surface mount for a start. or go for an inturn ship. to help you get started.