What turbo fits stock CT26 location?

cadman

Computer Aided Drafting
Aug 10, 2006
Oregon
My Supra 7M-GTE is in the shop as I type this. I've taken the motor out of the Supra, and am having the motor work done to it. Basically making sure the motor can handle around 600HP, not that I'll use that, but build it high, run it lower, and you have reliability... usually.

My question is this; I want a turbo that is able to feed the motor well enough to put down 400+hp to the tires, but will be the least headache to install. I would really like it if this turbo bolted up to the stock position of the downpipe. I'm not so interested in building the stock CT-26, I already have a buyer for it, and I want a turbo that does enough boost for 400hp easily.

I've seen so much good advice here on these forums, that I'm hoping you guys can send a little my way. What turbo have you tried, and how did it work for you? What turbo is tried and true?

I've done research on the Turbonetics turbos (T04B STG5 and a couple others). I hope you guys can help me out.

Thank you,
Allen.

cadman

Computer Aided Drafting
Aug 10, 2006
Oregon
johnathan1 said:
You should be able to get 400hp out of a 60-1 trim CT-26...

Yes, you're right Johnathan, I should be able to. But that's pushing the CT-26. Remember, I already have the CT-26 sold when my other turbo comes in. Also, it would cost me quite a lot to rebuild and redo the CT-26, and ballance it. *shrug* I guess I want a new turbo... :naughty: oooo, shiny.

Also, I want a turbo that starts to spool up uncer the normal 2600 to 2800 RPM. A BB turbo is what I would like.

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
+1 to Dowards post. Those turbos bolt right up, have a far superior housing design and can have a larger shaft that makes it more reliable. They cost more than an upgraded Ct but its worth it.

cadman

Computer Aided Drafting
Aug 10, 2006
Oregon
Well I'm ready to buy the turbo, or kit. This is the info I need. I just need to know who to call and talk to to order. Like I said, my motor is in the shop, getting worked on. I want a car for this summer;-)

Just need to know who to contact to buy.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
look into the boss series turbos, suprasport has them. bolt in and even use stock exhaust so it doesnt screw people who bought a downpipe with a build in turbo elbow hehe

tonysupra

Supramania Contributor
Dec 3, 2005
CT
^ i agree on contacting jtamulis. He deals with the JT series with good pricing.