What to part out?!

adicken1

The Man!
Jan 17, 2008
Memphis
Hey all, I have question that I half way know the answer to...

I'm about to start my engine swap, and will have an 87' turbo shell left over. Is there anything on the body (other than the targa top), in the interior, or misc that would be worth me tearing off and posting for sale? Everything is completely stock on the car.

adicken1;907896 said:
Hey all, I have question that I half way know the answer to...

I'm about to start my engine swap, and will have an 87' turbo shell left over. Is there anything on the body (other than the targa top), in the interior, or misc that would be worth me tearing off and posting for sale? Everything is completely stock on the car.

Its really up to you... but also what you want to sell to the community.. instead of sending the entire shell out to the crusher...

you would be giving us here a chance to use the parts that are available/left on the shell for our own supras... like most other members do.

example of what you could sell/part out with:
moulding
fenders if good condition
spoiler if any
lights if good condition
wheels
cables
wires
windows
hatch cover
interior if good condition

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
Eeek. I don't think you will be able to due to lack of membership.

EDIT: AF1JZ, Shaeff, or Reign_Maker can tell you for sure.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
People, this is not a For Sale Part Out thread, he's just asking for advice.

You should first see if anyone is interested in the whole shell. Some people like to have an entire parts car or they might want to fix it up if it's in better shape than theirs. If no interest then start a part out. As it stands now, I don't think you have a post count high enough to allow you to do a for sale thread. But to answer your question, Yes there is a lot of stuff on a stock car that people will want. Good luck on the swap.

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
Maybe the a/c and heater core boxes, the interior wiring harness, glass, fenders, trim(if in good shape). You will see some items when you get it down to the shell. I parted out my old 87 last year.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

p907946_1.jpg

p907946_2.jpg

adicken1

The Man!
Jan 17, 2008
Memphis
Gotcha. So based on those pictures, virtually everything can go... LOL. OK, and you have to have a certain amount of posts to start a part out or for sale thread... Got it. Well I know that some locals may need some of the parts, but depending on what I have left, I'll PM Shaeff, Reign_Maker, etc. to see if I have any other options. I just hate to see the entire car to to waste... The body is in good condition with the exception of the paint, interior is grey, targa, ect, ect... When I get to that point, I'll let you guys know. Right now, all I know is that it can't sit in front of my house for too long. LOL

Thanks for the replies,

- Drew

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
Yes, pm them and they may let you post without the required post count. I think they let me post when I was not at 50. I'm not 100% sure. It was reign though, he was cool about it.

Also, the best way to do it is to take pictures of all over the car, interior and out, also parts u feel like taking off <-- (those would be ones you are sure will sell and parts that you might not get to take a pic of otherwise i.e. the starter or oil pan....these are just examples of parts out of sights, not really highly desired ones).

Also I would keep the diff. pumpkin and it's up to you if you want to sell it, but I would take it out. The one I scrapped it had to go so fast I didn't get the chance to take out the diff or tranny.