What to paint.

albertmdh

Apr 7, 2005
Fredericksburg, VA
Well, I'm thinking my engine compartment is damn boring, and i want to paint stuff. I figure since my car is maroon, gloss black and red is probably the way to go. My quetion, is what should I paint, and with what kind of paint. Keep my low to no budget in mind, everything should be available from wal-mart, haha. So, make some suggestions, and post some pics of stuff you've painted.

thanks,
-Albert

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
do your vacuum hoses, intercooler hoses, that metal piping arround 3000 pipe with some gloss red so it can keep that polished look,
like IJ said make everything that isnt metal black. and everything that is metal as close to the body color as possible, how clean is your engine bay btw?? that'll help allot, i spent two days 5 hours each cleaning and like 5 bottles of brake cleaner 3 bottles of degreeeser and like 40 rolls of paper towels and a touch of armoral later it was the same as my sig. litteraly.

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
buy colormatched paint, or something close. local autoparts stores sell dupont colormatch paint. my 88 is paint code 3H1, but the closest dupont sells is 3H8 IIRC, and it matches pretty close. the metallic burgandy stands out alot more than red imho. my engine pay is gunmetal, silver, and burgandy.

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
first off, the dupont stuff is about CDN$6 per can, so around US$4. i did my timing cover, valve covers, pretty much anything can be painted. fuse box, cps cover, afm if you really want.

L

lanky189

just don't paint your cam gears... please...

and yes... i AM jealous because i only have one.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
damn that sucks, im going to scrub mine down prolly this weekend. i got to repair/replace a lot of cracked heated plastic pieces. :(
use green. like a sort of bright green not dark or ultra bright just little bright. that would go good with maroon IMO, but my taste are way off base from a lot of members here.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
lol,
well if you dont want to i will. well prolly not but.
what about yellow.
or orange
or white.
or
pink
or fire engine red.
lol
i give up, just the problem i see is it wont stand out if you leave it close to stock color.
ehh.

Turkish

Apr 4, 2005
D34DC311 said:
lol,
well if you dont want to i will. well prolly not but.
what about yellow.
or orange
or white.
or
pink
or fire engine red.
lol
i give up, just the problem i see is it wont stand out if you leave it close to stock color.
ehh.

Metallic Blue. Wait thats my shit don't steal it.