What to Do With Old T64 Turbo

proto_mkiii

Aug 14, 2009
Ft. Lauderdale, FL, USA
Hey guys. I have an OLD T64 Turbo, that was on my car when I first purchased it that I removed when I put in a new 7M and brought it back to stock so I would know the car I'm building. I tried selling it but now I'm considering finding a way to use it again. For those who don't know, the specs of the turbo are as follows : 2.490 in./63.2mm IN 3.670 in./93.2mm EX Comp Wheel P-trim 2.544in./64.6mm 2.922in./74.2mm. My Turbine housing was .58 A/R.
I have no idea what boost they were running but with full 3in. Exhaust, Lex/RC550, 2.5in. Intercooler piping and an IzuzuNPR intercooler it was putting down 350WHP 360ft-lbs. I'm not exactly an expert on things (learning every day) but even without a proper tune those numbers seem a little low. This make me question the effiency of this turbo mated with this engine.
My questions now are;
- Is there anyway to upgrade the comp. wheel to something newer and more efficient? (like I did with my Ct-26 to 57trim wheel)
Or
- Do I just get rid of it?

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I like to hang on to stuff like this, buddy of mine makes cool car art and furniture with broken and/or unwanted car parts. I've seen that turbos make cool pen holders. ;)