What to do with 1j

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattsplat72

is sofa king
Jan 17, 2006
Sedro Woolley, Washington, United States
I have a 1j front sump that is missing a few things
It is missing the coil packs, throttle body,and the sensors on the intake mani.
I bought a chaser ecu for cheap.
I just don't know what to do with it. Do I put it into the supra? Do I swap it into a Cressida? Do I break it down and sell of the parts?

So any suggestions? If I was going to swap it into the Supra what would I need?
I have a NA sport package car that I swapped a GTE into. So it has a W58 and a 4.30 rear end.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

search and 1jz section. no one can decide what you are going to do with your car. if you don't know or are over your head sell it to someone who knows,

mattsplat72

is sofa king
Jan 17, 2006
Sedro Woolley, Washington, United States
hvyman;1404900 said:
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

search and 1jz section. no one can decide what you are going to do with your car. if you don't know or are over your head sell it to someone who knows,

Hmm didnt really read the post did ya. I am asking for informed opinions not some keyboard jockey's wiseass remarks.:sarcasm:

I am not some noob that dosn't know how to use the search function.... The info on the 1j swap is sitting on my desk in my hugh tool filled garage along with my perfectly running Supra which I have already swapped twice.

So again anyone have ideas on what to do with this SPARE motor? Upgradedsupra suggested I sell it and put the money into the 7m. How Hard is it to get all the seperate parts to swap it into a Supra? I am wondering if it would be easier to get a clip or source all the parts needed. I have come across a few threads that suggest that you can use 2j wiring harnesses and ignitors true?

I am not very interested in putting into my car , but swapping it into something I am just undecided as to what to do with this motor besides letting it sit on the engine stand. I am swapping my tranny and rear end for a R154 and a turbo rear end so I will have the NA shit sitting around as well.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
well still the question is what YOU want to DO, not what others would do. make up your own mind or sell the 1j as 1jz's are getting hard to find.

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
ok well 1jz are actually pretty easy to find if you know how to look ... honistly bro id save the head sell the rest and get a 2jz bottom end. i wouldnt try to go looking for all the parts needed but like you said your just looking for opinuns thats mine

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
ok mk2/mk3 supra, cressy, ae86 corolla, celica, rx7, shit even a 240 if its what you like. find a car you like swap it or sell it.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Im a noob who can't use the search option Effectively :3d_frown::3d_frown:

But i would say Find a cheap MK2-MK3 and throw in there could be fun to have and the resell value would go up pretty decently. Good luck with it.

deabionni

The Lurker
Sep 16, 2007
Kalkaska, MI
mattsplat72;1404960 said:
I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I WANT TO DO WITH IT.......is that so hard for you to understand.?

We have no idea what you want to do with it either! :3d_frown:

Here's some ideas for you:
*Put it on a pallet and ship it to a member who would use it.
*Put it in the Supra, Cressida, or any other car.
*Hook it up to a dildo, and make your girl VERY happy.
*Use it to power a blender.
*Put it in a riding mower.
*Make coffee tables, lamps, and end tables with the parts.
*Etc.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
deabionni;1405093 said:
Here's some ideas for you:

*Hook it up to a dildo, and make your girl VERY happy.

*Use it to power a blender.

*Make coffee tables, lamps, and end tables with the parts.

*Etc.

All Very good idea's

(I don't think i civic is a very good idea) :icon_bigg:icon_bigg

Status
Not open for further replies.