What to do... Next

b'smk3

wish my grass was emo
Mar 22, 2009
indian head, MD
so im getting ready to put in my 7mgte with a fresh HKS MHG, and ARP studs. i also have a blitz BOV and a hard intake pipe...

my question is, what should i do next, to get the most for my money... i still need a few thing before the motors running so that's next. just want to know what you guys think!

thank you guys in advance for the support and help... every time i get on here you guys are more then helpful

thanks branden

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
I vote for both of the above! Following the guide, Exhaust is one of the next logical steps. Just make sure you can deal with the one you choose, I love my Tanabe Hyper medallion- nice and quiet, but has the flow of the really loud ones. Be sure to get it all, too. Downpipe (with elbow), hi-flow cat, full catback exhaust, all 3". :)

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
If you're keeping the CT for a while get a downpipe. I know someone selling a RR one.

Downpipe is what everyone does first, gets rid of the cat, the restrictive elbow, wg gets it's own piping either recirc or open. Make the car sound better, more responsive, you'll need to do it eventually for other mods, quicker spool. So many benefits.

Exhaust is the first thing you do any of the engine mods you do will be limities by a shit exhaust, that's why.

You can search it and see, everyone does it first and loves it, set's you up for a nice catback too, do it the same time if you can afford it.

There's even a thread right below this about a PS issue the the OP starts off saying how he put in a DDP and was showing his friend how much better the car pulls ;)

b'smk3

wish my grass was emo
Mar 22, 2009
indian head, MD
i found someone selling a Greddy E-Manage Blue Kit, for $325 shipped, but i dont know if it will work with the 7mgte... is this something worth looking into???

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
b'smk3;1420416 said:
i found someone selling a Greddy E-Manage Blue Kit, for $325 shipped, but i dont know if it will work with the 7mgte... is this something worth looking into???

It'll will work

b'smk3

wish my grass was emo
Mar 22, 2009
indian head, MD
ordered a 3" down pipe from suprasport.com, iv been waiting for it for a while now. i ordered it on sept. 9th and still dont have it. i cant get anyone to return my emails or phone calls. what should i do???
i also ordered a full 3" exhaust off driftmotion.com

next on my list to do is suspension
im looking for 2"- 2.25" lowering springs, but so far have come up with nothing... if anyone knows if a site that has 2"- 2.25" lowering springs could you let me know please...
if i find some they will be paired up with a set of bilstein struts. some better sway bars and strut tower supports (i have one out of two)
after suspension ill be looking to change the stock intake manifold and IC/ IC piping over to the 1jz FFIM that i have already. the plan is to use 3" IC piping and an big IC 3" inlet/ outlet...
then on to fuel...
start with some 720cc injectors, HKS fuel rail, FPR, walbro fuel pump,
im really leaning on the holset turbo, but not 100% on what one to use. i was thinking the HX55. but i dont know it its too much for the 720cc injectors or not enought or what.... (any help with this)
whatever turbo i do get, will sit on a custom manifold... as i said i already have a 3"exhaust and down pipe. so i was thinking i could just custom fit the DP i have aready have to the turbo of choice.
then while im getting everything powder coated flat black im ordering pistons and rods. not sure weather to bore the block or not. kinda just want to see what a 7mgte can do on stock bore.
P&P head, +1mm valves, cams and adj. cam gears..
maybe some paint her and there,
then ill need something to tune it all up with and get he most out of everyting...

what do you guys think. what kind of numbers do you think i could get with this setup... and do you have any suggestions or tips on different things to use. something i might have forgot...

thanks
branden

barkz

Sep 14, 2010
Afghanistan
ive heard suprasport can take awhile sometimes, something will be on backorder and they wont tell you. you just have to wait it out, and they dont answer emails to well from what ppl say too.