What to do about oil pressure sender

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
I recently installed an oil pressure gauge in my car with an aftermarket electric seding unit, as you know the port for oil pressure is right under the exhaust manifold and already the plastic on the sender is starting to melt. I was ondering what most of you guys do for this, should i wrap my stock exhaust manifold uinder the heatshields or should i wrap the sender with heat protective wrap or do you think i should just get an extension hose and mount the sender elsewhere in the engine bay via hose. Thanks.

Apr 6, 2005
Alpharetta, GA
Remote mount the sender. This will require purchasing several fittings, such as, 1/8 BSP, and other associated convertion fittings to adapt to the thread size for the aftermarket sender, and some hoses. You can use the OEM oil pressure sender port or another port right in the vicinity of the PS pump.
HTH

theDon

The Don
Mar 31, 2005
Med-City, USA (Rochester, MN)
The greddy kit comes with a foot of stainless line for the block. Then the remote sender can be installed by the AFM or wherever. Looking at the sender no way would I install that straight on the block, it would melt :)

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
IJ.;836831 said:
Use the forward port in behind the Pwr Steer Pump.

sorry to bump this back up, but im trying to findd another port for the oil pressure sending unit. I know there is one behind the PS pump, the stock one, but is there another one on there anywhere? I cant seem to find one.

Fletch124

2jz swapped!
Jul 17, 2005
Reno, Nevada
IJ.;908575 said:
NOT the stock one there's another up there.....:nono:

Pressure in red returns in blue.

Thats the one i used for my Prosports. No problem besides have to drop the power steering pump, accordian pipe, and drain the block of coolant to get a good shot at it. When your doing the install you might as well get some Toyota Red and some distilled water and do a coolant exchange at the same time.