What to all replace when pulling oil pan?

Highlex

Jul 5, 2009
Manitoba
Hey guys, my rear main seal has started to leak on my 1jzgte (JZA70)

I want to replace it but from my knowledge you have to drop the oil pant and remove the front subframe...

What should I all replace while the oil pan is off? It almost sounds like my engine has a slight rod knock... im thinking oil pan, rear man seal, and the bearings for your connecting rods to your crank.

Let me know, thanks.

1wickedA70

May 20, 2008
Queens
oil pan doesnt need to be removed to change the rear main seal. but if your gonna do that then might as well change oil pump to a 2jz oil pump. i did that and noticed a big jump in oil pressure compared to my old stock jza70 oil pump. if you ask me anyone who has a 1j and opens the oil pan should change the pump, you will def notice the change in oil pressure..money well spent.. oh yea and also change the front one while your at it, and water pump if you want. timing belt if you never did it since you bought the motor.

Highlex

Jul 5, 2009
Manitoba
I had the transmission removed once before and looked at the rear main seal and a mechanic took a look at it and told me that the oil pan would have to be removed. That sucks he was wrong... So a 2jzgte oil pump is a good upgrade for the 1jz?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Might want to make sure it's not the cam cover seals. They leak oil into the spark plug valley, and there is a drain for it at the back of the head. Ends up looking like a rear main leak in some cases.

Also, get a new mechanic lol