What the hell did I do?

supraboymk3

Sep 29, 2008
Oakland Ca
Ok...
So i was riding on the freeway, some guy on an ugly ass eclipse is trying to mess with me. I had to show him who's the boss. So I step on the gas, all of a suden the car starts shaking violently. I get scared and let go of the gas and started driving on the slow lane. About two blocks away from home my car begins to make a rocking noise that goes on and off. Now I've been having fuel consumption problems with it but it was a combination of both in other words excesive fuel consumption and rocking. What the hell did I do?:1zhelp:
THANKS
P.S. I left the guy in the eclipse until it stalled out lol that S.O.B. probably thought that he won.

thevork

ShoarmaTeam Member
Sounds like a hose came off to me.
Check all IC hoses for leaks, especially the one going from under the turbo to the ic. It's a PITA to get to, but it's the most likely one to fail over time.

And of course, check your engine codes and post them up.

Dani87x

OATHKEEPER III%
Oct 11, 2009
Miami FL
Need more info but check the plug wires. Check to see if all your fuel lines are in good working order too.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
MKIIISupraGuy;1468662 said:
Sounds to me like you hit the fuel-cut.

He didn't get that lucky.........it's more than likely an itercooler hose off.

It's not rod knock either. He didn't get that unlucky.

supraboymk3

Sep 29, 2008
Oakland Ca
gaboonviper85;1468482 said:
Your Discription was very vague...

Was the shaking rpm or speed dependent....or neither.....did you check codes?....need more info brother!!

well rpm went real high when i was at the freeway next gear didnt really wana kick in. Now when i was on the street it fealt like the boost would go up and it died out. O and it killed like 1/2 a tank.

supraboymk3

Sep 29, 2008
Oakland Ca
No check engine light came on, and the car starts when cool but looses rpm. I cant get more than 3,000 out of it. Dose that help:icon_bigg

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
Sounds alot like a boost leak. I find it surprising that you have no CEL. Are you sure it works? Check codes just to be safe, especially if youve never seen the light before. I just bought a pickup and the dealer removed the CEL bulb over an 02 sensor.

supraboymk3

Sep 29, 2008
Oakland Ca
no iv seen my check engine light on. I know It works i needed a new o2 sen and re wire my knock sensor about a month ago so it was on the who time. I know it works

supraboymk3

Sep 29, 2008
Oakland Ca
now Iv been thinking. What do you guys think about the noise coming from the engine could i have seriosly fucked something up. Fyi, i did an new head and head gasket about less than 1000 miles ago.

Another MkIII

Feb 22, 2009
Chicago
supraboymk3;1469474 said:
no iv seen my check engine light on. I know It works i needed a new o2 sen and re wire my knock sensor about a month ago so it was on the who time. I know it works
It could have burned out since then. Does it come on when you first start it?
-AM3