What suspension am I looking for?

Island_Yota

Aug 5, 2008
Vancouver Island
Have an 88 on stock suspension, non tems, nothings been replaced besides some of the bushings, its all oem.

Ive looked at a ton of different threads and never really found an answer. I want to lower it a bit, 1"-1.5" nothing too low. I want it to be firm, borderline harsh, but not ridiculous. Tired of the nose dive when I hit the brakes, and breaking loose in corners because so much weight transfer, stock is just too soft.. think everyone knows that.

reydio

Supramania Contributor
Oct 3, 2008
Pearl City
If it still have the original suspension, replace them quickly. My shocks were pretty much shot, leaking and the bump stops were gone. Nose dive occur when your shocks dampening are gone.

If you don't want a dramatic drop, use the Eibach Spring sets. As for the shocks, lots of people recommend Bilstein's. You can go with Tokico's Blues for budget.

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
I think 935motorsports.com has a decent selection. The aerospeed and discontinued and out of stock but you don't want that low of a drop.

woodytsi

Supramania Contributor
Apr 23, 2005
spring,tx
eibach pros would give you the drop you wanted. think about what you want from the susp. no need in spending money twice,if you going to be tracking or drifting might just grap coilover now.plus i like raiseing it and lowering.and i can firm up anytime just by clicking the dial.
woodytsi (jic magic a2's)