What SS brake lines do you have in your Supra?

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
Ckanderson said:
^Pics of spring thing?

p710391_1.jpg

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
IJ. said:
Damn..... they flex in use and the braids spread allowing crap to get between then and the liners this acts as cutting compound :(

Here unsheathed is against the law.

wow it should be here as well but anarcho-capitalists (want to know who/what they are? PM me:p) run the money portion of our country.

thats exactly what i remember reading after i bought mine and before i installed them hehe just means i get to buy another set of the ones with the lining :)

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
IJ: the best SS brakelines would be made with better fittings, not crimps. Crimps are required though...

Brand new stockers would probably work great, and last far longer than any unsheathed SS...

Many SS lines are NOT DOT approved here as well...

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Back in the day I used to run reusable fittings and made my own lines for the Datsun, this allowed me to slip fuel hose over the braid so I wouldn't get pinged by the law.

I can understand why the Govt regulate this after seeing some of the "plumbing jobs" posted online.....
(I worked for a brake and clutch company as a kid so had a pretty good idea what was required and they easily passed the high pressure tester we had)

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
yeah, there was a good article online about what the best SS lines would be, and he said a sheathed SS with good fittings would hold more pressure and flow the best, plus be the most durable (if it's good enough for aircraft, it's good enough for a car)

sadly, people are more after the look than the performance many times. A high quality rubber line works very well, most of the improvements I've seen are from replacing old worn rubber lines for new SS...

supraguru05

Offical SM Expert: Suspension & Vehicle Dynamic
SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
maybe its placebo but when i replaced my stock lines (already had been replaced 2 years before) with the goodridge ones i just felt like i had more pedal feel like i could feel the brakeing better especially when i was left foot brakeing. it felt like i didnt have to work so hard and the brakes were crisper. from that experience alone i think they are work the 80 bucks or whatever they are

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
Poodles said:
yeah, there was a good article online about what the best SS lines would be, and he said a sheathed SS with good fittings would hold more pressure and flow the best, plus be the most durable (if it's good enough for aircraft, it's good enough for a car)

sadly, people are more after the look than the performance many times. A high quality rubber line works very well, most of the improvements I've seen are from replacing old worn rubber lines for new SS...

*edit* nvm answered my own question :)