What size turbos??

spinner

Jan 3, 2009
Melbourne/melton
hey guys just a fast question what size turbos are on a 1jz gte twin turbo 91 soarer i know they are a ct12a's but are they a t3 or a t4 thanx guys :biglaugh:

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
They are CT12s. Trust me, if you have ever attempted taking them off, you would NOT want to put a bigger set on there. Say it with me guys "JUST GO SINGLE"

rwd

May 15, 2008
quebec
they're not t3 or t4,they have 3-bolt ct flange and no garrett turbo is bolt-on,best way to modify it ,is to put single turbo and tubular headers

staticpage

Banned: Scammer, liar, cheat and thief
Oct 3, 2007
Cincinnati
IMG_1028.JPG

it's a lot of work, after fighting with it for hours i just pulled my engine. the manifolds would be hard to modify. A adapter plate would push the turbos out far but with lots of welding and money it could be done.
a single kit would be about the same money and work better

NYsBlueMA

Evo+supra=3 cars
Sep 24, 2009
New York, New York, United States
Dont know about spinner but I have a budget+single=no time soon. I was looking into having them upgraded and rebuilt or CT12B heard their a PITA but its light modification. Even if I did go single I couldnt afford the turbo I want car is a daily. If I do I it I have about 5 days to do it in the street before alt. side takes effect.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
There is a writeup on how to do the ct12 to ct20 conversion on SF, and a little more information on it here.

NYsBlueMA

Evo+supra=3 cars
Sep 24, 2009
New York, New York, United States
staticpage;1486225 said:
IMG_1028.JPG

it's a lot of work, after fighting with it for hours i just pulled my engine. the manifolds would be hard to modify. A adapter plate would push the turbos out far but with lots of welding and money it could be done.
a single kit would be about the same money and work better

WTF!! I see what you mean besides the hoses and six bolts was there much else i'm doing the head gasket 5 angle and a port/polish guy gave me a 3day turn around

staticpage

Banned: Scammer, liar, cheat and thief
Oct 3, 2007
Cincinnati
I had to buy some ratchet wrenches, all the intake pipes. i had to fit everything then tighten all the bolts to get it all lined up right.