what should i get mk4supra or 350z

L

lanky189

7MGTEJoe said:
That's what he said here

OH! ..well he may have used a barrel sanding attachment thingy... not a drill bit..

either way... if you hafta ask betwixt a nissan and toyota.. i say honda.
The quality of build, ergonomics, power, and reliability present in toyota has been surpassed by none...and if can't recognize that after owning a supra...perhaps a SiR or Type R something serves you best?

ShagsSupra

Banned
Mar 30, 2005
Wilmington NC
I didnt read through the rift raft... but Myself id go with the 350z... yes its resale value is lower... hell seen a 2004 with 7k miles for 23k in the paper today... thats a 10k+ drop in 1 year?

but still I worked at nissan and these things are nice... you are getting a NEW car not a 94... just my opio to get the Z.

Kroze

Lifetaker, heartbreaker.
Mar 30, 2005
South Jersey
If it's going to be your one and only car. I'll get the 350z.

Why spend $30k for something that's 8-10 years old, even with milage under 100k. You're still getting 10 year old engine, tranny, hoses, seals (targa leaks), squeaks/rattle, etc...god knows the previous owner beat it or not (probably did, who drive a supra and not push it?)

I'd rather get the 350z with 0 miles that have a warranty. everything is brand new, engine, tranny, etc...& the piece of mind that no one own it before you and beaten the crap out of it.

Now if you already have a car for daily driving. go ahead and get the supra. just my personal point of view.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
AND the winning # is Supra.
ding ding ding. the 350z is slow, i know im going to get flamed for this but, it really is a stock supra can wax the hell out of a stock 350z. and yes i have riddin in both cars. just cant get the feel for the z, and no i dont hate the car, i was going to buy a 300zx before the supra. so im not autoracist.

Supra Blues

Virgin Booster
Mar 30, 2005
Supramania
D34DC311 said:
AND the winning # is Supra.
ding ding ding. the 350z is slow, i know im going to get flamed for this but, it really is a stock supra can wax the hell out of a stock 350z. and yes i have riddin in both cars. just cant get the feel for the z, and no i dont hate the car, i was going to buy a 300zx before the supra. so im not autoracist.

I would personally have problems paying 30k for a car that is 10 years old. But if the Supra will hold the value and its in good shape, then maybe.

I am an autoracist because I hate Volkswagen.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Supra Blues said:
I would personally have problems paying 30k for a car that is 10 years old. But if the Supra will hold the value and its in good shape, then maybe.

I am an autoracist because I hate Volkswagen.

look at the MKIV, in my book they have held their value and they have done it damn well.
i just dont see the 350z really accoplishing anything near the MKIV.
and i hate yugos.

grimace65

Apr 3, 2005
so cal
i ended up getting a 350z. the 350z is pretty nice, the pull is fun for now but it isnt annoying unless im always hauling ass then i guess it would get annoying. the supra is nice however i needed a daily driver car and like "kroze" said the supra has wear and tear on the hoses, etc. and not to mention if the car was abused. i still got my mk3 project but it is taking a while because of where im ordering the parts, they are taking their time.

huntin5L

Mar 31, 2005
Niles, IL
Id get a G35 :) If i had the choice. Now if i want something REALLY fast and luxurious, i would buy an sc300 and drop in a 2jz. This guy my bro knows did the swap and i saw him run it at the track. Something like 802 hp at the wheels. He ran a 10.2 in the quarter. It was hilarious, too. The guy on the loudspeaker at the track was like "This thing is unreeeeeeeeeal," and it is exactly that, unreal. And seriously, talk about a sleeper and not to forget he uses this as his daily driver.

Last edited:
L

lanky189

Mark2JZ said:
mkiv.

350z might get a little annoying when you see an old lady drive by in one just like yours.

I've seen just as many old people in MKIV's

I have yet to see an old person in a MKIII

Ne0z

Apr 2, 2005
Burnsville, Minnesota, United States
i never see mkiv's...but i see like 300 350Z's per day...

lets crunch some numbers here...
# of High Horsepower Supras - most of em... lol
# of High Horsepower 350Z's - Wait... these make power?!

MKIV Price - 25k
350Z Price - 30k?

Twin Turbo Inline 6 making 320hp...
V6... thats all... just a V6... lol... making 260? (2 lazy to look it up)

okay... now...

Put 4000 into a MKIV... oh, we have a BPU+++ Supra makin around 450-500HP...
Put 4000 into a 350Z... We have the Greddy Turbo Kit... but no supporting mods to make much more than 400hp...

and Finally...
Toyota...
Nissan...
Need i say more?

L

lanky189

Ne0z said:
i never see mkiv's...but i see like 300 350Z's per day...

lets crunch some numbers here...
# of High Horsepower Supras - most of em... lol
# of High Horsepower 350Z's - Wait... these make power?!

MKIV Price - 25k
350Z Price - 30k?

Twin Turbo Inline 6 making 320hp...
V6... thats all... just a V6... lol... making 260? (2 lazy to look it up)

okay... now...

Put 4000 into a MKIV... oh, we have a BPU+++ Supra makin around 450-500HP...
Put 4000 into a 350Z... We have the Greddy Turbo Kit... but no supporting mods to make much more than 400hp...

and Finally...
Toyota...
Nissan...
Need i say more?

oh..so you have 34k dollars layin around?

also... this whole thread is retarded. There is no way any of our opinnion should matter in such an important decision as to spend so much money on one thing,

huntin5L

Mar 31, 2005
Niles, IL
As much as i love the mkiv, i would also say the 350z in your case. It will be more realiable for sure and you will have a warranty on it most likely. Secondly if your gonna pay an assload for something 10 years old with lower mileage it will be real tough on you when it comes to putting miles on the car. The 350z's are nice, and its not just about speed, you want the whole package. The interior i think in the 350 is also a lot nicer then the mkiv, but thats my opinion. It really comes down to what you personally like and if you really could find a low mileage mkiv in the near future for a decent price.

Ne0z

Apr 2, 2005
Burnsville, Minnesota, United States
lanky189 said:
oh..so you have 34k dollars layin around?

also... this whole thread is retarded. There is no way any of our opinnion should matter in such an important decision as to spend so much money on one thing,

dont really understand what that means... but, lol, i was just comparing the price of the car with what can be done... you need to justify spending 30k on a car which doesnt have the potential of a 25k car... or hell, even our mkiii's have more potential... take and buy a good condition, low milage mkiii... soo... 5k there... then take that other 25k u where gonna spend on a 350Z and you'll have something that will dominate

L

lanky189

Ne0z said:
dont really understand what that means... but, lol, i was just comparing the price of the car with what can be done... you need to justify spending 30k on a car which doesnt have the potential of a 25k car... or hell, even our mkiii's have more potential... take and buy a good condition, low milage mkiii... soo... 5k there... then take that other 25k u where gonna spend on a 350Z and you'll have something that will dominate

To be honest Ne0z i dont really understand this whole thread.

so..watch as i back away slowly...

slower...

gone.