what should i do next

jimmyjames

all white
Apr 18, 2005
south milwaukee
i have an 89t i have enkie wheels full 3in exhuast, intake, bov, 3 gauge pillar pod i want to go faster, i need more hp, what should i put in next without having to take out the engine.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
holes in the bottom of the car for your feet to pedal?

a boost controller might help

89MkIII

targa'd tank
Mar 30, 2005
WI
Turbo - there are plenty of nice kits out there w/ reasonable prices. Horsepower freaks and suprasport.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Good god no!

Boost Controller. Get one of the MBC's from Doc Jonez at http://www.4cefed.com, and turn up the boost until you hit fuel cut.

Then get around fuel cut ... there are several methods of doing this, my personal choice is a MAFT from Full Throttle and a GM MAF. Add some tuning and you will be pretty damn fast.

After that I'd head for the fuel pump, possibly bigger injectors, intercooler and piping, and *THEN* I'd head for the turbo. Unless, of course, you get a smoking deal on a turbo, like I did, in which case by all means put 'er in.

PS: I don't see a new head gasket and ARP head bolts in your mod list. If you don't have those yet, save your money, because you will need them soon.

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
how about a replacement down pipe,turbo elbow,cams,adjustable cam gears,plug wires,NOS dry system,and yes,get the hg replaced with new head bolts before any hot upgrades or your motor will go ka-blooie

jimmyjames

all white
Apr 18, 2005
south milwaukee
i forgot i already have a manual boost controller, custom lower ic pipes and 3 in from turbo elbow all the way down so my exhaust is set im at like 9 psi without fuel cut over 9.5 and then fuel cut how much would an upgraded turbo set me back im kinda on a tight budget im a senoir in high school.

Last edited: