What Pillowball mounts work with the Illuminai II (TEMS) Shocks

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
What my title says. What if any aftermarket pillowball mounts work with the Tokico Illumina II (TEMS) Shocks

SupraDrew

Apr 27, 2007
South Texas
HKS- Maybe if you don’t use the HKS "pilot type" nuts for the top of the strut. If i remember correctly the bracket for the tems goes under the top strut nut. I am not even sure that the bracket would work with the pillowball.

TEIN- Has a long shaft bolt that will not work with the tems bracket, I think that the CUSCO is the same design as the tein.

I have enclosed a couple of pictures for reference.

Attachments

• hks stock tein.jpg
    hks stock tein.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 12
  • hks top.jpg
    hks top.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 15

RyDeFly

Aug 5, 2006
Westminster, CO
Not sure of any brands, but I'd spend my money on something else, especially if you're just using OEM replacements...
Double wishbones don't put any real stress on the shock towers, so pball mounts and "strut bars" are (usually) superfluous for our cars. I've heard from others here that the stock mounts are plenty fine until your setup becomes full-on track oriented.

I suggest putting that money towards some new bushings; you'll see much more of an improvement.

Wiisass

Supramania Contributor
Good posts Drew and Rydefly.

It could probably be done with aftermarket upper mounts if you made your own mounts for the actuator. But I don't really think there is a need. As Rydefly said, stock upper mounts are decent especially for the spring rates that you would be running with Illuminas.

Tim

Wiisass

Supramania Contributor
H&R springs are meant to be used with stock upper mounts. Camber plate top mounts are meant for use with constant ID coil springs.

Stock upper mounts should be fine with H&R springs. I think that would be a better bet for this setup.

Tim