What oil pan for 89' Supra 2jzgte Swap

jdmk3

2jzmk3
Mar 28, 2006
Walnut, CA
I have an 89' Supra. Just got an Aristo 2jz front clip a couple months ago, pulled it already. I just need a rear sump oil pan and etc. because mine has a front sump which interferes with the crossmember. Can someone experienced in the swap clarify which oil pan I need (jdm/usdm?,1jz/2jz?). Any pictures?:icon_surp :icon_surp

cassio

Apr 1, 2005
i think you asked the same Q in the im selling 2jz's thread.

you can get it from any rear sump 2J car, easiest. Post a thread in SF, my pan came from a supra 2jzge motor.

you can find them all day.

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
Just like Ian said...

US or JDM Supra is your best bet. The N/A oilpan will need to have the oil-drain hole tapped into it, while the TT version already has it.

Ppl want alot of $$ for the TT pan, while I've seen many of the N/A pans given away (almost).

jdmk3

2jzmk3
Mar 28, 2006
Walnut, CA
Hey satan how would I go about my wiring. I have the jdm Aristo 2jz-gte with r154 which is going into an 89' Supra MK3. I heard you make custom wiring harnesses. Just inquiring...:1zhelp:

cassio

Apr 1, 2005
drill out the main part then tap and thread the holes

dcp6389.jpg

dcp6393.jpg

i suggest you take quite some time and look through the stickies on SF and search here, that would be your best bet @ building your knowledge base.

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
jdmk3 said:
Hey satan how would I go about my wiring. I have the jdm Aristo 2jz-gte with r154 which is going into an 89' Supra MK3. I heard you make custom wiring harnesses. Just inquiring...:1zhelp:

Cassio (Ian) just did this same swap into his... He's gonna be your best bet. I've put a couple of "how-to" write ups out there for extending the harness, but nothing specific for wiring pinout/connections, since they all vary so much.

Also, be careful about acquiring 1JZ motor mount brackets.... they are not all the same. The ones you will want, specifically come from the JZA70 Supra. You'll also need the bellhousing from it as well.

jdmk3

2jzmk3
Mar 28, 2006
Walnut, CA
Is that the rear sump NA oil pan? Can you give me the part number for that rear sump oil pan etc. that I need also? NA or turbo. :icon_conf Thanks

jdmk3

2jzmk3
Mar 28, 2006
Walnut, CA
Hey Cassio how did you go about you're Aristo ecu,wiring into a MA70? Do you know if I can use a 1jz rear sump oil pan on my 2j? Thanks for the help....:1zhelp:

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
You dont need to extend the harness just route out your speedo cable hole. then route the wires behind the dash through there the wires reach then! if you have pre89 then thats a good thing use bic mounts and use the solid rubber mounts they have no play in them they are stronger and cheaper! so that is good news only you have to pay for the bic mounts but save in the long end anyways because each liquid toyota mount is $150++ brand new but the whole bic mount kit is about the price of one mount it is so cool to use them also if you get the aftermarket "Y" pipe (1st gen y pipes) only 1JZers you have to cut your mounts but not with the bic mounts.