What motor mounts can I use for a 2jz MK3 swap?

jdmk3

2jzmk3
Mar 28, 2006
Walnut, CA
I have an 89' Supra with the later style crossmember with round mounts. I also have a 2jz with the 1j engine brackets. I already bought some 98' Supra MK4 motor mounts and i was wondering if they would fit at all or if they would need the 1j ones? Any pictures?:1zhelp: Any help would be greatly appreciated.:1zhelp:

eps

Mar 31, 2005
usa
Yes they will fit, but you have to grind down one of the dowel pins (?) that are right next to the center bolt. I'll try and find a picture.

nille__

Sep 8, 2006
sweden
steeling this thread a little bit.

Just bought a 2jz and got one hell of a deal on trd 2jz engine mounts. Will they fit if I use 1jz bic brackets ?

or i wont even need the brackets att all if i grind down one of the dowel pins as eps mentions?

Last edited:

89toy

Banned
Nov 10, 2006
10,000 lakes
I got a 89 supra with the early model crossmember so i used BIC for canada custom mounts and it worked like a charm. So u could just click on vendors here and order a set from them. The guy names Randy, and a good guy too I'll vouch for BIC any time because they're ligit! THANKS RANDY

89supturbo

Jul 28, 2006
Delmar, NY
speaking of 2j swap mounts what do you do about the wing mounts just behind the motor mounts that support the trans with an R154 also what do you do about the transmission crossmember on the tailhousig?

89toy

Banned
Nov 10, 2006
10,000 lakes
ur worrying to much the BIC mounts r not going to interfere or complicate any of that. All it does is make ur 2jz set nice and sterdy inside of the mk3. When in stalling my swap with BIC mounts i didnt run in too any kind of problems. It fit like a grove.