what lowerings springs are good?

themadhatter

Jul 5, 2006
Vegas
I had tanabe gf-210's on mine and i liked them alot there is a pic of my car 0n 935motorsports.com underthe tanabe gf210's had a good drop to them but they where a little stiff lol

mkiii222

Mar 31, 2005
Troy, MI
I'm happy with my B&G springs on Tokico Illumina II. Could use some new sway bars and a handful of bushings but it does handle well.

These were taken a couple weeks after the install.

Attachments

• DSC01236_small.jpg
    DSC01236_small.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 58
  • driveway..jpg
    driveway..jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 65
  • driveway2..jpg
    driveway2..jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 43

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
I think I perfer Coil Overs just to be sure you will be 100% happy
They allow you to adjust hight bias weight on each wheel when calibrating on a level floor also allow for dampening force adjustment.

The reason its good to have options is when your drifting you want as low and stiff as possible.
Having the abillity to set up when drag racing you want a hard front suspension with soft rear suspension.

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
Eibach springs... predictable, no sagging, just the right drop, not expensive, and ride like a MFer... Using Tokico non-adjustables and poly bushings all around. Love the way it looks (I've used with 17" and 18" wheels), handles, and just feels good when driving (bumps too ;-)

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
Im happy with my H&R's id reccomend them.

p1557886_1.jpg

RockPaperSwoRD

I have aCustom User Title
Jul 26, 2008
SanAntonio
Rsr race springs are by far the best spring imo. linear spring rates(which are also higher spring rate than all the other manufacturers), lowers about 1.5 all around but doesnt scrape.
I used to have H+R springs and although they handled good, the rsr blows them away. H+Rs are lower so they look more aggressive but they scraped my car everywhere.

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Had HR&R and now running Eibachs, they're both nice but i think the HR&R lowered the car a little bit more all around. Love my set up right now though, Eibachs + Tokico blues HP

P.S : Sig is when i was on HR&R

sc2665

Apr 23, 2006
Gonzales
i have Eibach on Tokico. nice ride and nice height. had the same set up on my 88 n/a also and never had any problems

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
mkultra;1557971 said:
i have h&r and tokiko blues how do you guys not hit the bumps when you go over them?

I replaced all the bump stops and insulators. I dont scrape anywhere, i dont hit the bumps either.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Eibachs here. Had Intrax, but they sat too low, and i scraped.
Eibach's have a good ride and look good too- 1" drop rear, 1.5" drop front.

gelboy1015

Vroom Vroom!
Jan 1, 2007
Houston, TX
I have Eibachs on my N/A. Ride is nice and firm. Drop is just right, I scrape the lip going down my own driveway, and some other driveways. I only scrape my DP on the speedbumps at school. Other than that, pretty streetable, with no worries about scraping alot. These springs are paired with KYB GR2's in the front, and Monroe Sensatracs in the rear. Overall, I like these springs.

On my turbo, I have RSR Race springs. Supposedly the drop wasnt supposed to be as much as the Eibachs, but it dropped it lower than my N/A. I can barely stick 2 fingers between the tire and fender. Ride is alright, could be more firm I guess? I have big exhaust piping so the lowest part of my exhaust is probably < 6 inches off the ground. I have yet to drive it around very far, except for on a flat highway, so I cant say whether or not theyre great. I feel I might have some trouble in some spots though, since Houston roads suck... I have these springs on Tokico Illumina II's with new strut mounts.

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
I had eibach and tociko blues, probably closest to perfect for comfort, lowering, and consistent ride. Had RSR race springs, very good but not as comfortable as eibach as they were very stiff, good lowering. I would say they were the best for a track car. Had Megan coilovers, great for lowering the car, but the adjustments on the dampner were fuzzy(inconsistent), and they weren't as comfortable as the others.

Eibach for a Driver, RS-R for a track car, megan for a show car. Thats my .02

7Matt-GE

Nov 18, 2009
Becker, Minnesota
i run intrax on my subie...i LOVE them...i was thinking about getting intrax on my supra but i gotta figure out what shocks would be a good setup for the vehicle