What is your rim size and offset preference

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
Big rims and tires. 18x9 and 18x10. 17's or 18's. Nothing bigger, nothing smaller. Flush with the fender and rubber filling every available spot. I can't imagine someone would want something different...

Brewster

So it goes.
Apr 15, 2005
Morgantown, WV
kwnate said:
Big rims and tires. 18x9 and 18x10. 17's or 18's. Nothing bigger, nothing smaller. Flush with the fender and rubber filling every available spot. I can't imagine someone would want something different...

Agreed. The wheels on your car are a perfect example. :love:

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
I like 16s and 17s that are flush with the fender, or just stick out a bit in the back and they have to have alot of tire back there.

jbsupra89t

Achieving Balance...
Mar 30, 2005
NJ
I think mine fit pretty damn flush... I have the same sizes as kwnate, except a 285 rear.

-J

Attachments

• P1010065.jpg
    P1010065.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 76

Mark2JZ

ahhhh!!!
Apr 2, 2005
Oxnard, CA
garagefujimoto said:
I like my wheels to be very wide, and with massive offset, it really makes any japanese car look very aggressive.

by massive you mean low offset, just to not confuse anyway. The more aggressive the offset, the lower it is (i.e. +30 compared to say, +40) to bring it out flushed with the fender more.

for example below, the lower offsets give the "concave" spoke look. these are +22 offsets on an mkiv.

p87323_1.jpg

Put-it-in-your-Mouth

cholo supreme
Apr 4, 2005
@ the Bodega chilling wit Carlito
garagefujimoto said:
I had a bit of a discussion on SF, just seeing what the sm crew has to say..
http://supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3649101#post3649101

I like my wheels to be very wide, and with massive offset, it really makes any japanese car look very aggressive. Others enjoy rims ranging from classy, ricer, sunked FWD offset, and stock...what do you like

HEY ASS CLOWN , SF THREAD WAS NOT A DISCUSSION. IT WAS YOU BRAGGING ABOUT OTHER CARS AND OFFSETS WITH YOUR GAY BUDDIES THAT DO NOT FIT THE MK3. STFO AND GO HAVE FUN WITH YOUR 9.5 ZERO OFFSET WHEELS RIDDING ON 205s. Fucking idiot.

You guys need to read the SF forums to understand how rEtArtET These 3 ASS Clowns are.

modnar

If all else fails-Kick it
Aug 28, 2005
NOR*CAL
Is it possible for this thread to NOT look like SF thread? I have my opinion of what I saw on that thread and I will keep it to myself. There was some good conversation going on here with very little insult throwing going on. Wheel size is something I know very little about and I was actually learning something by reading through this thread. If you want to argue about the contents of the Supra forums thread... do it on supra forums.

thank you. have a nice day.

modnar

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
Mark2JZ said:
by massive you mean low offset, just to not confuse anyway. The more aggressive the offset, the lower it is (i.e. +30 compared to say, +40) to bring it out flushed with the fender more.

for example below, the lower offsets give the "concave" spoke look. these are +22 offsets on an mkiv.
Generally offset has nothing to do with the lip of the wheel. To get offset its just how thick the center of the wheel is where it bolts to the hub. The way the wheel looks (for example 5zigen FNO1RC) is more dependent on the width then the offset.

garagefujimoto

Local Tire Destroyer
May 27, 2005
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
modnar said:
Is it possible for this thread to NOT look like SF thread? I have my opinion of what I saw on that thread and I will keep it to myself. There was some good conversation going on here with very little insult throwing going on. Wheel size is something I know very little about and I was actually learning something by reading through this thread. If you want to argue about the contents of the Supra forums thread... do it on supra forums.

thank you. have a nice day.

modnar

Fully agreed. I only have tried to provide an opinion and have been called every name in the book for doing so. i'm glad I don't have the same self-confidence problems that some supra owners have.

In fact in the interests of showing respect, post removed.

jaydm16

May 2, 2005
How about some bogarts?

I like these:
rt-welded-rear.jpg

I also like these...since my car is white...:
ano_goldstar_p2.jpg

or just some good old volks for cruising purposes.

El Nagro

Oct 3, 2005
Lethbridge
I am also personaly a fan of wide rims with low offsets, I think it looks very good and aggressive to have the wheels slittly outside the fenders with stretched rubber, its a very JDM drifter look and although I am not a super hadcore jdm drifting fanatic I def. love the way the cars are built.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Put-it-in-your-Mouth said:
HEY ASS CLOWN , SF THREAD WAS NOT A DISCUSSION. IT WAS YOU BRAGGING ABOUT OTHER CARS AND OFFSETS WITH YOUR GAY BUDDIES THAT DO NOT FIT THE MK3. STFO AND GO HAVE FUN WITH YOUR 9.5 ZERO OFFSET WHEELS RIDDING ON 205s. Fucking idiot.

You guys need to read the SF forums to understand how rEtArtET These 3 ASS Clowns are.

Werd...

My $5 dollar BAN BOUNTY applies here too... So any mods wanting to make $5, let me know... :D:D:D