What Is Unique About Your MK3???

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
MK3Hitman21;1750979 said:
Only supra in the world with a black painted center piece on my stock spoiler. As you can see in my pic.
I've seen one of those before... but not on a white car! Kinda like it, oddly. Reminds me of the NSX.

87M-GTE;1751028 said:
Cool, you should post some pics :)
Will get to that one of these days. I usually only get on here at work, but now that I have internet at home, I can post pics once again. Waiting on the fenders and hood to show up before posting. :)

Chambers;1751381 said:
MOMO Super Indy steering wheel made in Italy, May 1987.

Nice, forgot to mention that I inherited a Nardi wheel at some point. Not in my current car, but it will be going into the 87 shell.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Nick M;1751333 said:
Stock tire size? Otherwise that is 131.5, which is exactly where most top speed tests that I have seen in print put the car. I have seen the W58 with the wrong ratio listed at .75. That could be your calculation error. It is .78. That is a healthy running 7MGE. As it should be.

I just ran the numbers again on my phone gear ratio calculator (god i love android phones)

4.30 rear end
.78 5th gear
225/55/16 tires

137 is 6000 rpm according to this calculator.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Just curious on the top speed of the 3.73 gearing would be ? with stock tire size. assuming car is healthy enough to get there

I have 245/40/R18

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Turbo Habanero;1752092 said:
Just curious on the top speed of the 3.73 gearing would be ? with stock tire size. assuming car is healthy enough to get there

Quite a bit actually... I'm on 275/40/17 all around, and I believe I calculated it out once either just shy of, or just over, 200mph with the R154/3.73 and 1jz combo. No way my car would do it, but I'd be impressed with 170 or so.

or4nges

Need a hot buy
Aug 29, 2007
New Jersey
I am the only one with a Hot Hue Copper Stock 7m-gte, besides the cold air intake.... guess it's not stock then, dam youuuu technicalities!

p1752406_1.jpg

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
or4nges;1752406 said:
I am the only one with a Hot Hue Copper Stock 7m-gte, besides the [strike]cold[/strike] HOT OPEN ELEMENT air intake.... guess it's not stock then, dam youuuu technicalities!

p1752441_1.jpg

Fixed that for ya. ;)

I have an open element too. I'm not dissing you too hard, but dont be delusional. You removed the cold air intake Toyota designed and installed your own HOT air intake. That filter induces much more hot air than a stock air intake ever would.

gwumpkus

Nov 27, 2009
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Mines the only one in this tiny-dot-of-a-country...:).. and i've been asked many times:

- if my "AE-86" has the "4A-GE" or the "A101" in it...(like in that damned Initial -D movie.....sheesh..)..?
- is my "Prelude" running the "H22A vtec"..?
- where i got that fnny "bodykit" for my "S-13"...

sigh...

:p

and oh, it has the 4-pot brakes from the Aristo..?

or4nges

Need a hot buy
Aug 29, 2007
New Jersey
rlly? so than i guess that sucking in the "less warmer air" from the climate outside of the engine bay would be inducing more "cold/HOT" air from the OEM box is different. There must be a chemical change going on in the stock one making it colder then my "HOT open element air intake." They are the same my friend, the only difference is more of an area to suck in from the cone instead of a single tube from the stock one.... i guess you can consider it HOT because its more open to the engine bay instead of the climate but it's still sucking up colder air and throwing it into the honey comb to the turbine. Thanks for the hard diss, im just really delusional. ';)

suprarx7nut;1752441 said:
Fixed that for ya. ;)

I have an open element too. I'm not dissing you too hard, but dont be delusional. You removed the cold air intake Toyota designed and installed your own HOT air intake. That filter induces much more hot air than a stock air intake ever would.

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
If the stock intake is sucking room temperature air from the outside it's going to be providing ALOT cooler air temps than an open filter sucking 200F+ air from the engine bay. On my Mazda when I went from a short intake to a real in-the-fender cold air intake my IAT temps while driving in town went down ~73 degrees F, and went down around 40 degrees on the highway. I'm sure your filter provides more power than the stock airbox though, just because it's less restrictive, probably more than enough to offset the higher IAT. A good cold air intake would be better though.

Lower IAT doesn't just provide more power, but also improves spool (assuming the longer intake tube isn't causing a larger pressure drop). The more dense the air is going into the turbo, the less work it takes to compress it (the effect is much larger than you would think, due to it being non-linear)

Anyway, I'd say the most unique things on my car is all the stuff I made from scratch that nobody else has. 60% of the parts on it were made by me... and I don't even have a lathe, mill, or CNC.

Also the carbon fiber K&N filter, which I've never seen on any other cars, despite them not being hard to get.

Last edited:

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
or4nges;1752609 said:
rlly? so than i guess that sucking in the "less warmer air" from the climate outside of the engine bay would be inducing more "cold/HOT" air from the OEM box is different. There must be a chemical change going on in the stock one making it colder then my "HOT open element air intake." They are the same my friend, the only difference is more of an area to suck in from the cone instead of a single tube from the stock one.... i guess you can consider it HOT because its more open to the engine bay instead of the climate but it's still sucking up colder air and throwing it into the honey comb to the turbine. Thanks for the hard diss, im just really delusional. ';)

Cold air intakes bring in cold air from outside the engine bay. Stock oem is truly cold air. Yours is 100% NOT a cold air intake any way you look at it. It absolutely makes a big difference in temperature. I'm not sure how else to make it clear, lol.

Another unique bit on mine: I have all documentation including window sticker, 3 professional full rebuilds, new Toyota steering rack, and a dozen other things.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
suprarx7nut;1752441 said:
Fixed that for ya. ;)

Definantly right about that, in the middle of fixing that problem myself:)

Forgot to add
p1752791_1.jpg
to my list twin throttle bodies.

Last edited:

KevinM

Knowledge driven
Mar 30, 2005
Seattle, WA
www.cardomain.com
Couple of things that make my Supra unique:

19x9/10.5 Racing Hart CP-F's - some of the lightest 19" wheels you can find (19x9=19 lbs) Paint is Super Black Chrome (NOT Chrome;) )
Backed by 14"/13" BBK with Wilwood superlites.

p1752874_1.jpg

p1752874_2.jpg

1-off full 304ss exhaust. V-banded hiflow cat/test pipe option

p1752874_3.jpg

18" RP01 spare (to fit the front 14" brake) utilized as a sub enclosure to save space. Put the floor down = looks stock :D

p1752874_4.jpg