What is this?

Jimenez42

Feb 9, 2008
Michigan
Its on the back driverside of the engine, it looks like something is supposed to be there.....Its a JDM Engine that was swapped in

Attachments

• P1010029.jpg
    P1010029.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 68

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
yeah, its called EGR, if you were to put in on your USDM supra you would notice a lot of benefits, and i dont know how strick your smog is, but you might have issues with the USDM ecu and having no EGR.

Jimenez42

Feb 9, 2008
Michigan
Theres no smog in Michigan so im lucky there. The engine has been in for awhile and i havent "Noticed" any problems, but i will look into more, Thanks

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
Jimenez42;1052618 said:
Theres no smog in Michigan so im lucky there. The engine has been in for awhile and i havent "Noticed" any problems, but i will look into more, Thanks

it generally runs hotter.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
you wont really notice it, just poorer MPG and hotter EGT's during pat throttle and uphill type of drives. i think the exhaust port doesnt have the hole in it or something like that... i've seen pictures of it, but if you have no smog, dont worry about it i guess... its kind of a no-no thing to do, but unless you swap the head your SOL.

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
^Bzzz Wrong!

There be a hole there! The JDM Motors had a block off and a freeze plug in the rear for the cooler.

Don't take the studs out, it helps to seal the motor intake manifold side.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
whoops... didnt see those filty ass nuts.

so if its just a freeze plug then he could pull the plug, bolt on the cooler, and then have egr correct?

(i never notice a plug on any of the ones i saw...)

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
He could but at this point throw some block off plates there.

Is your intake manifold return blocked off? (Thats where you would get missing or popping from)