What is this?

NoLimitslja

Feb 7, 2011
Central FL.
Found this plug today while working on my supra, assuming its egr related because the idiot before me removed the system, there is one exactly like it hanging below the intake manifold, same deal? Would these plus not getting any signal explain my running rich issue? Thanks in advance guys!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351544014726.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351544014726.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 51

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
Looks like the EGR VSV to me. The one to the left, closer to the front of the engine bay would be the FPR VSV. Removing of the EGR system will cause a rich condition at idle on a US ECU. May want to consider going to a JDM ECU or reinstalling the EGR system. Or just do what I did and go full standalone engine management and say f#ck it!

NoLimitslja

Feb 7, 2011
Central FL.
Since you're standalone would you happen to have said JDM ecu? LOL I don't have the money for standalone right now, eventually I want to get there but it's not happening anytime soon. If you don't have the JDM ecu, any where other than the classifieds here to look? Also how can I confirm what I'm purchasing is a JDM ecu not a US being sold as JDM?

Also I know when I had my nissan 240sx the 5 speed could run off the A/T ecu but not vice versa, is the Supra the same way? If I buy a A/T ecu even though I'm 5 speed it won't cause any issues?

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
3p141592654 and jetjock are correct. The lean condition produced from egr removal wouldn't be present at idle but at light throttle. Sorry for the misinformation earlier.

NoLimitslja

Feb 7, 2011
Central FL.
MarkIII4Me;1887973 said:
3p141592654 and jetjock are correct. The lean condition produced from egr removal wouldn't be present at idle but at light throttle. Sorry for the misinformation earlier.

No problem but I'm starting to think a JDM ecu won't correct my issue. I have a very rich condition from start up on... It smokes a little whitish smoke (I'm not losing coolant and have a freshly done HG) and the smoke smells like I'm in the pits of a drag race... I'm starting to wonder if it's TPM related at this point.