What is this warning light?

SupraStoked

I just started getting the code 52 ecu code about the knock sensor and this warning light started to come up along with the engine light. I never knew what it was for, i guess im just curious. I also got code 51 about the tps because the harness that clips on to it broke a little bit..does anyone know how i could go about getting a new connector? is that possible?

IMG_20120528_140622.jpg

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
Yea thats your coolant reservoir light.
Also make sure you dont have the a/c switched on when you're checking codes, that will cause a 51 as well.

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
IJ.;1735265 said:
BHG Light "Bird Has Gone" ;)

Seriously just the low coolant light, top up the reservoir.

te72;1735522 said:
Dammit Ian, you beat me to it...

I always thought of it as a cheap G-meter. If it comes on, you're approaching your tire's limits. Adjust fluid level to according to tire grip capacity. :D

Btw buy a manual.

Warlock1

Mar 13, 2012
Surprise, AZ
Welcome SM and as someone stated before, grab a manual and just start to read through it. It will help you through many more issues you will inevitably come across with these cars.

SupraStoked

LOL "Bird Has Gone" ..Anyone know what the hell that symbol is supposed to be anyways?? Problem easily fixed by the way..all fluid levels adjusted according to tire grip capacity ;)

I have the Haynes manual but i couldn't find anything about the warning light..weird. But thanks for the info everyone!

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
p1844474_1.jpg

RiyadYar

Supramania Contributor
Nov 20, 2007
NY
it possibly came on because of a blown head gasket check your oilcap to see if its milky or do a head gasket leak test

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
SupraStoked;1844466 said:
LOL "Bird Has Gone" ..Anyone know what the hell that symbol is supposed to be anyways?? Problem easily fixed by the way..all fluid levels adjusted according to tire grip capacity ;)

I have the Haynes manual but i couldn't find anything about the warning light..weird. But thanks for the info everyone!

The symbol is a radiator. Buy a Owner's Manual, and while you're at the dealer buy a TSRM (Toyota Service Repair Manual, ~$50) and throw away your Haynes.