What is this plug??

peteremer

Nov 16, 2007
virginia
Hey everybody, I am helping my friend put his 7mgte back together after a engine rebuild, and there is a plug coming out of his wiring harness on the turbo side of the engine that doesnt seem like it has anywhere to go and there isnt one on either of the supra's i own. Any ideas?

Thankya

Pete

Attachments

• Wierd plug.jpg
    Wierd plug.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 184
Just a guess, but it looks like the size of a Cold Start Injector Timer. I'm guessing as I see other Thermostat housing connectors missing in the picture.
There is also some A/C related connections on the lower fender wall, but I can't remember what the connectors look like.

peteremer

Nov 16, 2007
virginia
It does, as seen in the picture..I was looking at another 91 wiring harness an it had the plug on it as well...unfortunatly it wasnt on the car..this plug wasnt on my friends 87 or 89 supra?

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
Anyone have an extra one of those plugs they wanna cut off and send to me :) My powersteering belt exploded and caught mine and riped it clean off. If you do just pm me.

ILikeCarsYesIDo

Permanently Banned
Nov 26, 2007
Hayward, CA
I have that same plug disconnected and I have no idea where it goes. I started a thread on the main forums a while ago and no one had an answer.

l_541952a74e0e3454f808b04f26c896bb.jpg

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60759

Buddafucco

Beef Supreme
Mar 3, 2007
Tampa Bay
It looks like the thermo time switch from a newer motor (what thelonerider said) . Both pictures are shifted to the left just enough so that we can't see it.

peteremer

Nov 16, 2007
virginia
Yeah the same for me, all of the other connectors are hooked up..I wondered because it had the heat wraping around it if it went somewhere around the turbo but there are simply just no places I see to plug it in after 3 days of looking....? Did you start your car without it ILikeCars?

Last edited:

ILikeCarsYesIDo

Permanently Banned
Nov 26, 2007
Hayward, CA
Yeah my Supra runs absolutely fine without it. I'm just somewhat anal and don't like the idea that the plug is disconnected. Some suggested power steering, some suggested an oil level sender.

The Supra will be fine without it.

ILikeCarsYesIDo

Permanently Banned
Nov 26, 2007
Hayward, CA
Nope, I have the original factory harness. I thought it was connected to my other engine but for the life of me I couldn't figure out where. I looked up and down my old block and I didn't see any place for it to go. All of those mentioned places are connected.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Hmmm. Maybe someone just put it there to fuck with you:dunno:

Have you tried checking continuity with the ECU connector?

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
It bugs me now. It's too cold to see if I have it, I might check later. Peter, you do it, you live in a place far less cold lol

peteremer

Nov 16, 2007
virginia
alright, later tonight I am going to check the continuity and figure out where it ends up in the wiring harness-plugging into the ecu and that should help me figure out where it's going. I'll keep you all posted.